Dino Y

Sep 17, 2003
Hi
I recently bought a wr200 92 (I think) and it vibrates exesively the previous owner told me that he resently changed the rod and piston, I've check the crank bearings and looks OK. What could it be alse.

DinoY

antorider

Mar 10, 2006
Hi,

I just bought a YAMAHA WR 250 2 strokes 1998. Looks like a YZ 250 2 strokes. Previous owner said it is the same as the YZ but the gear box is different, it is meant to be used for enduro not for MX, is this right. Any one has something to say about.

Thanks

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
antorider said:
Hi,

I just bought a YAMAHA WR 250 2 strokes 1998. Looks like a YZ 250 2 strokes. Previous owner said it is the same as the YZ but the gear box is different, it is meant to be used for enduro not for MX, is this right. Any one has something to say about.

Thanks

It's a 94 ish YZ 250 motor and frame, with a big tank, heavier flywheel, softer suspension, wide ratio transmission and a couple other off road goodies.

Next time, start your own thread rather than hijacking someone elses.

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
Dino Y said:
Hi
I recently bought a wr200 92 (I think) and it vibrates exesively the previous owner told me that he resently changed the rod and piston, I've check the crank bearings and looks OK. What could it be alse.

DinoY

As said, start by checking the mounts, but somehow I think you're going to be tearing it down. Excessive vibration is often a sign of crank problems. He may have said he just did the rod, but it doesn't mean it was, or that it was done right. I suspect it wasn't, the crank isn't balanced, and is causing the vibrations you're experiencing.

Top Bottom