Gomes-nz

~SPONSOR~
Apr 4, 2002
I just picked up a KDX200E3. I have only ridden it for about an hour. It has developed a leak of a black tar/oil from the exhaust where the silencer and exhaust meet. Also the silencer packing seems to be fill of it as well.

First thought is that it is to much oil - when I mixed up my gallon of gas, I had to measure the ounces of the side of the oil container, not that accurate, so I am sure it was less than 50:1. Better to be safer than sorry.

I am using AMS oil 2000. Will this problem affect the KIPS

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
Well, you definately need a better way to measure your premix. I used hitemp silicone on the pipe/silencer junction then added 2 tiewraps and no more leaks.
I do see some spooge out the silencer but after all its a 2 stroke. If you feel you have way too much spooge then you might be too rich. Post you carb size and current jets for more help. Sounds like it's time to repack your silencer huh?

Gomes-nz

~SPONSOR~
Apr 4, 2002
Thanks, I already have the repack in mind. Also I was told by someone else that it was too rich, it has a performance pipe on it. Will have to spend a little time testing it. tks for your help

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom