Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Ok, I've read that oven cleaner is good for removing carbon. But, I also know that left too long, the over cleaner will react with aluminum and eat it away. (two minutes and the shiney surfaces of my aluminum is already starting to discolor) So, my question is how to clean all the goop out of the exhaust port of my KX (KIPS valve is already apart and cleaned) WITHOUT ruining the finish of the aluminum or risking damage to the jug.

would hot tanking it do the trick??? what do the professionals do to restore the "like new" finish and remove all the built up carbon and goop from the exhaust/power valve ports???

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I would just use a cleaner that is non abrasive to aluminum you could use contact cleaner on the power valve but I wouldn't use it on the cylinder lining.

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
there are no oven cleaners out there that say they are safe for aluminum. they all say not to use on it. anything else out there that works to remove the build up carbon from all the little nooks and crannies in the jug that i cant reach with a .45 caliber bore brush???

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom