vip

Feb 19, 2013
so im new here. hope this is the right place to post this. but i was looking up some set up for my kids 2000 cr 125. and i see this exhaust spacer or torque spacers. so im just making sure . this is like a washer that goes between the manifold and the pipe? or the head and the manifold? some guys are talking about gaskets. thats why im not sure and cant find pics. can someone explain this for me

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Does the Honda's exhaust go around the cylinder's outlet, or in to it?

If in you can simply add more metal gaskets before sliding the pipe in. Use RTV silicone because the rubber o-ring may be partially exposed. More headpipe length = more low end. I ran about 4-5 gaskets in an old RM, you could tell the difference in low end (with a slight loss of top.)

I'm pretty sure yamaha's go around, meaning a special part is needed. I'm not real familiar with Hondas.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
vip said:
so the spacer is a big gasket on the head to the manifold?
It's usually a copper ring type gasket that slides into the cylinder's exhaust outlet. It goes in before installing the expansion chamber, kind of creates a seal.

vip

Feb 19, 2013
ok so i must be stupid. im just not sure here. so off the head you have the manifold(short peace with the o rings on it) then the pipe goes on. does this(spacer) fit right to the head then the manifold peace or does it fit between the manifold and the pipe? if so would it leak? not seal on the o ring? ive seen some that look like a washer and some that look like a thick base gasket for the exhuast. man! i hope this makes sense.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
The spacer would go in the pipe before you slip it over the manifold. As long as the pipe still covers the o-ring it shouldn't leak.

Top Bottom