kyle_581

Jan 8, 2001
I have just taken off the cylinder on my dirtbike. I have a '94 kx125. I have gotten to the step in the manual where it says to take off the mainshaft cover but it won't come off. What can I do to get this cover off? Also, how hard is it going to be to clean these valves and put them back together? I'm kind of thinking that maybe I shouldn't have tried to work on the bike myself. To clean the exhaust valves, should I spray them with oven cleaner? After that do I put the whole cylinder in soap and water?

Also, when I took the radiator hose off of the cylinder head, there seemed to be some oil on the "stem", I guess is what its called?

thank you, Kyle

Stew312

Jul 8, 2002
There should not be any oil in your coolant system.. sounds like the head gasket was blown. As for the exhaust valves, go to your dealer and get the manual for your bike. Its well worth the $30.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
kyle_581
For your frozen cofer an impact screw driver with a socket adapter may work well so you don't round anything off. As for the "Oil look" of your phlange, if there is no oil in the coolant your head gasket is fine, Coolant is petrolium based to lubricate the water pump. I know if it's petrolium based why is it green or red? The base for it is ethelyne glycol a clear and sweet tasting compound that has an oily base. This compound over time will break down the rubber hoses and leave an oily lookin residue where the hoses are mounted.
Good Luck!
Phillip

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom