Extract Audio Only From MPEG or AVI Files?

B

biglou

Anyone know of any free applications (or ones that are already bundled with XP Home) to extract audio only from captured .mpeg or .avi videos? I am wanting to record some stuff off TV on my DVcamcorder, download via FireWire into the PC as a high-quality MPEG or AVI file and make .wav or .mp3 files out of some bits of the audio.

Thanks. :cool:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
when I use the doohickey with the wickerbill to extract the narglebarfs from the gundarks, I'm always sure to recalibrate the snazzershams so I don't get any unwanted flawopsplork.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Use "Windows Movie Maker" (comes with XP pro anyway) which supports 1394/DV. Capture the audio/video, from there you should be able to export the audio as .wav.

B

biglou

That's what I was thinking, but didn't see it specifically mentioned anywhere in the help index. I'll give it a shot later this weekend. Thanks!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
If I have a video source, say the VCR and I want just the audio off of it this is what I do. I simply put the VCR or DVD player next to my computer and take the audio out cables from the player and plug them into my sound card. Then I use a little creative brand recorder and hit record. I do it all the time. very easy. It should be the same for a camcorder.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
MikeT said:
If I have a video source, say the VCR and I want just the audio off of it this is what I do. I simply put the VCR or DVD player next to my computer and take the audio out cables from the player and plug them into my sound card. Then I use a little creative brand recorder and hit record. I do it all the time. very easy. It should be the same for a camcorder.

Not for a DV camcorder, and besides, he is asking about avi's, mpg's, etc.

Your method is what I do when I have an analog source, like VCR or an old camcorder.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom