High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I don't know...

I showed up Tuesday night with a TON of riding ability, but when I woke up Wednesday morning someone had taken darn near every bit of it! I never did find it, but I saw a few guys out there who looked suspiciously like they might have taken it!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Jayhawk, I left my wallet on the dash of my unlocked truck with the key in the ignition all week.  Don't think I would do that anywhere else but at Dirtweek, what is mine is yours.  Motohead00 had a whooper tool box open for several days and it was quite handy for Justql to work on his GasGas.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Bryan, aka Familyfirst was parked next to me in his rented RV at DW02. I knew he was having "black water" problems but I didn't know he would leave and opt for a hotel instead. They just left everything they brought with them as it sat and it was perfectly safe the entire week. You don't have anything to worry about if you leave your stuff at the track, it's much safer than locking it up in a hotel parking lot I guarentee!
The only thing I wouldn't leave laying around is a cooler or a kitty litter box. :p

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Jeff Gilbert
The only thing I wouldn't leave laying around is a cooler or a kitty litter box. :p

If you leave a cooler, oil the hinges, some of us try and sleep after 2:00 AM.  On another note, I am bringing some 12V hot pepper "atmosphere" lights for Camp Tejas next year.

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Originally posted by Patman
There are also plenty of hotels in town and it's a 15 minute drive so if that makes it a more paletable solution......

Shhhh..  I am workin the toy hauler rv trailer here.. :moon: :)

Lew

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Lew

Shhhh..  I am workin the toy hauler rv trailer here.. :moon: :)

Lew

Lew, One vehicle with a toy hauler is the way to go if you are coming from the left coast. :)

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
We did the toy hauler last year and it worked out fantastic. My son and I were the lucky guests of Oldguy, Karsten and The Kid. We left most everything out and the only thing missing at the end of the week was the handle from the kitty litter pail. Not to long after the handle dissapered, I saw Elk wrestling his bike upside down, then on its side, then next thing you know, hes Magivered his bannanasicle back into shape and is kicking some buttocks out on the track.

hlinar

Oct 21, 2002
my dau fits an xr 80 just fine although she may grow a bit ... i think she's about 4'5" now. the xr100 is a bit too tall for her. sigh.. think I'll wait till spring and see how she fits. I'm trying to avoid 2 bikes in 2 years hahaha

Top Bottom