Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Play soccer and other sports. I just never really even thought about it until Tuesday evening for our first soccer practce I see this guy that just keeps me going :think: "I've seen him someplace else before". I kinda' forget about it until last night after our second practice I see him pick his son up, and again :think: "Why does he look so familiar"? So after homework, dinner, and my son is off to bed I start to enter all the kids names & phone numbers in my PDA so if there is a problem I have the info handy. I look at each kids parents names and then it hits me Chris Layton is the kids dad! I don't imagine everybody will know the name but in the Austin, Texas music world he's a biggie. Double Trouble, Arc Angles, or Storyville might ring a bell. The "SRV" ball cap should have clued me in but there are so many SRV fans you tend to blow past things like that.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Wow.:)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I used to bump into Rick Smit of the Indiana Pacers at our soccer games all the time, lived just up the road from me. His little girl played in the same league as my boy's.

First time I saw him, I just saw this huge 7 foot dude at the games, and also wondered, who the heck the giant was, didn't take me long to figure it out.

Wish I played soccer in Cali, could end up playing with or against Rod Stewart !!! :)

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I think Rod Stewarts kid goes to a private school in Spokane or Coure-de-Alene, just what I heard :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's sorta' funny because Austin does have some pretty famous people around but I just never really thought about their kids or what their kids did. Pretty much figured they would lead a sheltered existance.

I have eaten chicken fried steak and BBQ a few times with Willie Nelson just because we both ended up being at the same hole in the wall places when nobody else was around and that was cool and came to find out his daughter had a pretty normal existance as well going to public school, etc... except she drove a Porsche instead of riding a bus.

Lance almost ran me over in his NSX many years ago before the TDF wins. It was a rain slicked road and I was about 2' off the endge of the road when he kinda' over cooked the corner. :)

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Chris Layton, That's awesome. I'm a huge SRV fan.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by Smitty
Chris Layton, That's awesome. I'm a huge SRV fan.
Me too, along with Storyville & Arc Angles. Malford totally belts it out in "Good Day for the Blues". Man it's just amazing Chris and Tommy end up with such awesome talent time after time. August 27, 1990 is one day that change me, I was pretty much as unable to function as I was on 9/11. :whiner:

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Speaking of famous people, there is one that moved into our little farm field sprawled township a few years ago, lots of farms but they are gradually becoming developments. He built a mansion about .5 miles up the road from my house, not sure his acreage but it’s at least 80, probably a lot more. He’s got a go-cart track, indoor and outdoor swimming pool, full size basketball course, and a par 4(?) green among many other things. Can you guess him? Hint: He used to play for the New Jersey Nets. Has been in the news for something that has nothing to do with basketball. Yep, Jason(sp) Williams, the man who supposedly shot his limo driver. It was truly terrible what he and his friends did, one of them accidentally shot the man, probably not on purpose, but instead of just telling the police that it was an accident, they tried to make it look like a suicide. I don’t think the township is as proud as they used to, to have him live here, nor are most of the people.

teamgrizzly

Nov 25, 1999
Kinda reminds me of some bench racing my friends were doing once. "New Toy" Dave was going on about his brand new $2000 mountain bike he got and his ride around Vancouver's North Shore. Then his wife chimed in how this woman smoked past him like he was parked. Taunting ensued. "Dave got beaten by a girl"

Dave shot us all a dirty look. "Hey listen, the woman that passed me was Alison Sydor, Olympic silver medalist mountain biker. So when I get my backside whipped, it's by the best!"

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom