moto guy

Apr 30, 2006
I just set mine out to dry for a day or overnight, and was just wandering if there is a quicker way you guys know of to dry the air filter. Thanks :cool: :)

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
I put my filter on my stove's fexhaust fan. The intake vent is mounted in an island between the two sets of burners. It moves allot of air so it drys in about 30 min's or less.

Kasjok

Apr 20, 2006
I am usually drying filter on a radiator, but I suggest you to get 2 air filters, so that while one is drying you can be using the other one and then the opposite. Ofcourse don`t forget to clean them up :nener:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
originally posted by Moto guy
so it wouldn't hurt it if I used a blow dryer?

A hair dryer is fine but a heat gun is better suited but must be used with care. A spare filter, cleaned and oiled is the best option. Where do you ride? I'm in Mannford.

Speedzone

Apr 30, 2006
My clothes dryer has a no heat cycle,just air.

I put my filter in with some material like a pillow case and let it roll. 30 or so minutes im :ride:

moto guy

Apr 30, 2006
BSWIFT said:
Where do you ride? I'm in Mannford.
I race at Tulsa Motocross Raceway and other motocross tracks in OK. Yesterday I went to River Valley MX. (nice track :cool: ) I also ride at Appalacia Bay and cooperland.

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
...Make sure that if you are using outside electrical appliances to dry them, that if you used a flammable substance to remove it THOROUGHLY clean it becuase accidents can happen.. :cool:

Last edited:

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
okay, I am confused. What's the big worry about the filter being dry?

I wash my filter in a bucket of soapy water, wring it out, spray it with oil and slap it back on the bike. Any tiny water droplets that still remain certainly aren't going to hurt the engine!

Rod

patto3

Apr 8, 2006
Yea I just wring mine out also, it doesnt really matter. Next time you wash your bike, take the seat off afterwards and your filter will probably have a bit of water on it.

atcomx98

Jan 21, 2007
You guys are crazy not letting it dry enough. :coocoo: When its wet it makes it that much more easy for water to get sucked through with dirt in it. You should def. dry it before swapping it back on. Also by 2 or 3 filters so when they are drying u have another already done.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
I usually let it hang in front of a fan , works for Me

headshot347

Oct 14, 2006
moto guy said:
I just set mine out to dry for a day or overnight, and was just wandering if there is a quicker way you guys know of to dry the air filter. Thanks :cool: :)

get a supersoaker, some lighter fluid, and a match!
but don't be suprised if it your airfliter burns a little :yikes:

Top Bottom