Fastway Evolution Series F4 footpeg review

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
First off, I ordered the pegs via email. I was warned they would be backordered for about 3 weeks. That was okay by me, I figured these things would be worth waiting for. I got an email on Tuesday saying they'd be here on Thursday..
Yup, they got here yesterday just before I left for work. A quick peek in the box and I was impressed! Nice hardware, with good instructions. It came with all neccessary hardware except for the pins, washers and cottar pins, but I have lots of spare cottar pins and re-used the stock pins and washers.

They went on easily, make sure you read the instructions as you have to put spacers in to make them fit your individual bike properly. The pegs come with all of the different spacers you could possibly need, to adapt the pegs to almost any bike.

The springs were a different setup from stock and it took me a few minutes to figure out how they fit in (Sometimes I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer), probably my own fault. There were no instructions to show, but it turned out pretty simple and I should have seen it right away.

There are set bolts that you thread into the pegs, combined with different gauge washers so you can set the peg to your liking. I went with the suggested, and used the thread locker that came with the footpegs. I was impressed, I doubt most places would include a little tube of thread locker for two small bolts.

I finished mounting them and I must admit, they look great. They were definitely worth the wait. I can't wait to try them on the track tomorrow, if the weather clears up.

One side note, the springs aren't as sturdy as the stock TM springs. This may not be a bad thing, as the stock springs are very stiff, but I liked them.
The footpegs have a tiny bit of play in them now as well, where before there was absolutely none. The OEM footpegs fit into the brackets absolutely perfectly with not a hint of play or slop, even after ten or so rides. The stock pegs are powder coated (I think?) and very wide, with nice sharp rows of teeth, and no slop. It's a shame to not use them. If only I weren't so tall. :whiner:

Anywho, I'm not going to cry about it, these new pegs are awesome. If they came with stiffer springs and fit as tight as the OEM pegs did, I'd give them a 10/10. I'll give them a 9 instead, and I'm still a very satisfied and impressed customer with Fastway. Looking through their mini-catalog that came with the pegs, I may order more from them now.

Hope this helped somebody deciding which pegs to buy.. BTW, the F4 pegs are the stainless steel ones with the pressed in teeth, not the thread-in teeth. Retail is $90, it was $9 extra to make it $99 for the lowboy style.

b-b00gie

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2002
Any updates now that you've had them for a few months? I'm thinking of getting these or the IMS Pro-Series.

Bottom line... how is the grip? Do they feel strange under your foot since they are so wide and boxey?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
How much lower are they from stock? And do the pegs end up furthur back as well as down some?

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
These are simply the best money I've spent on the bike. It felt strange at first, but not because of being wide and boxey, but because of the positioning. Once I adjusted to it (in a few laps) they felt awesome! They're 1/2" lower and 1/2" further back from stock. This not only made the bike feel much roomier, but put the shifter and brake pedal in better places for my clown feet (size 14).

I'd highly recommend them, they're a keeper. Next new bike I buy, these will be the first mods I do.
The only negatives are that being in a different location from stock, the kickstarter makes contact at a different point, so it will gouge in two places instead of the usual one place. Also, when the right side peg folds up, the stopper now happens to be the brake pedal, which has also gotten gouged. Only minor cosmetic stuff, certainly nothing to worry about. :thumb:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
thanks for the update :thumb:
I'm in the same boat. 6'3" size 13~ boots.
Thanks for the information. These will be on my Christmas list this year. :)

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I've been thinking of getting those for quite some time as I'm 6'2" and size 13. Hopefully Santa doesn't put me on the "naughty" list this year :p

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Nope I don't.. If you order them, just mention that you want the lowboys, it's an extra $9 for the option.

Tita_mat

Apr 12, 2002
Just a question on these pegs.
Would the loboy mod be right for me? In that am I too short for them.
I'm 182cm and own a 03 yz250f. Size 12 feet I think.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
The lowboy mod puts the pegs lower than stock pegs, so if you are shorter, it may not be the option for you.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Lower the better I always says! :)

Top Bottom