IMS Footpegs - Pro Series or Super Stock?

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Please help.

I am in need of a set of footpegs for my bike (99' kdx200) and am trying to decide between the IMS Pro Series or the IMS Super Stock.  I mainly do agressive woods riding with an annual MX stint known as DirtWeek.  ;)

From what i've been able to gather on the web the Pro Series look like they are pretty well made.  I think my aprehension with them is that everyone says that they are extremely sharp and eat up your boots.  That's why i was thinking of possibly getting the IMS Super Stock footpegs as they have rounded teeth and are a few pennies cheaper.

I would apprecieate knowledgable feedback from those of you who have used one or the other of these products (or if you have something else to suggest).  My stock Kawasaki pegs just are not cutting it.

Thanks.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I've going with the IMS Pro Series on my new bike. I have them in hand and can testify they are seriously sharp! There is no doubt if you have one of these hit you there WILL be clothing and flesh damage. I run a similar style peg on my Montesa 315R so I am familiar with the possible outcome of not respecting them. BigLou is as well after feeding the Monty some calf flesh ;) The only concern I have running them is if somebody borrows my bike, but then it's setup for ME so they will just need to deal with it.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
THanks Patman.

BigLou has more skin to loose than i do.  :debil:

Do you think that the teeth could be slightly filed done to reduce the leathal sharpness?

Any other brands out there with the quality of the IMS peg that are not razor sharp?

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Ditto to what Patman said about the Pro series. When I got mine I was seriously scared of these things :scream: I had dilusions of not coming back with one of my feet many a time. Patman is right, if you get them, :worship: and respect them.

CRPilot

~SPONSOR~
Apr 5, 2000
I have the Pro-Circut pegs and really like them. Heavy duty build and good grip without being to sharp. I have been using them almost two year now without any problems. I don't recall if they in the same price bucket, but I think they were about $90.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I did file the teeth down on my Pro Series pegs after they trashed my boots in about 10 rides. I also got tired of ripping my leg open when I bumped into the pegs loading it.

They are EXCELLENT with the teeth filed. I actually rounded them using a dremel and a stone wheel. I DO like the larger size (size 12 boot). I am not familiar with the Superstock, but if they are roughly the same size/build with rounded teeth and a bit cheaper, I'd go with those.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Pro series all the way. I had to take a dremel and dull the edges after they sliced up my boots first couple of rides. Once dulled a bit, they are fine on the boots and still very grippy. The wide platform makes a big difference.

Top Bottom