firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Details? Who's in? Kokanee, Pinball, you guys gonna make it? Bbbom, Bsmith, others, is it still on and still in the same place?

I haven't been online much so I'm just checking up. Right now it's a toss up as to whether or not my bike will be running, but I'm gonna try . . . and if not I guess I'll have to ride the DT. :uh:

Anyway, just wanted an update.

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
We will be there!! I just had to replace my transmission in the GasGas to the tune of $1200 cdn so there is no excuse not to get that KTM fixed! (Of course that is in Canadian funds so that is about $66 dollars US :laugh: .)

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Yep, same bat time, same bat place. Saturday, June 19 and Sunday June 20 at LPO about 9:30 am from Sherry Creek.

We are going to try to get up there that Thursday but depends on how my bid schedule works out. We will be up there Friday afternoon at the latest and stay through Monday again, depending on my bid schedule.

If anyone needs directions, let me know.

Zero_it will be there on her DRZ400 with a horn and noseat will be there with a seat and brakes this time. (Unless Zero_it does something funny to her KTM before then.) Zero_it is bringing a friend too and the kids from up north are bringing their refreshment facilities and entertaining riding skills. :eek:

Last edited:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Damn the Fathers day, Maybe Saturday I could buzz up for the day! I doubt I could do both.
Also depends on what the weather is like, for you make Hay when the sun shines!!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Well, the problem is now that I can afford it, the parts are backordered . . . :bang:

I worried it would happen but you have to pre-pay to order parts in, so there was no way to get them sent to the dealer before I had the $! :think:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
That'd be super cool . . .

Amended:
The KTM would be cool. However the DT400 is a notch above the four-wheeler, no offense, Bsmith.

Last edited:

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I'll have to see what my finances are but I'm still interested in going. It'll be a good opportunity to see how my wifes new(to us) rig will do on an long trip.

Steve

pinball

Sponsoring Member
Oct 19, 2003
bsmith said:
Damn the Fathers day, Maybe Saturday I could buzz up for the day! I doubt I could do both.
Also depends on what the weather is like, for you make Hay when the sun shines!!
Blah,blah,blah,just be there!! :cool:

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Hey y'all,

We're planning to ride Batey Bould on Thursday (Lisa, Kris & I) and then back track to Sherry Creek that night. Of course that could all change in the next couple of weeks....hopefully not. Look out, I'm coming to crush some whoops on the 400 (and maybe some Hondas while I'm at it)!

Lori

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Blah,blah,blah,just be there

Is that supposed to mean something in Candian A :rotfl:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
firecracker22 said:
Well, the problem is now that I can afford it, the parts are backordered . . . :bang:

:
FWIW, a freind of mine orders all of his KTM parts out of a dealership in Mojave, CA.. Supposedly they have a big inventory of parts, may want too get ahold of them..
Rick

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
zero_it, Batey Bould was completely cleared as of last weekend (barring any new deadfall) except Trail 308 near the Trailhead.

The Connector Trail has a couple bad deadfall sections just after the Administrative Divide (about halfway from Batey to LPO) but you can get over them (not sure with the DRZ though, you might need a boom truck!).

I've heard that LPO is all cleared and it looks like we may be heading up to Sherry Creek Thursday as well. Will know better by the end of this week.

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I guess I should get some directions to where allyall are meeting!

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Here ya b!

From Spokane, take 395 North through Colville, take Highway 20 (Tiger Highway) East approx. 24 to the Sherry Creek turnoff, watch for a small brown Forest Service sign that says Sherry Creek. Go South at the Sherry Creek sign, follow the dirt road across the bridge and left at the Y, approx. ¾ mile from Tiger Highway. If you get to Beaver Lodge on Highway 20, you missed the turn off. Sherry Creek’s road is approx. ¾ mile West of Beaver Lodge.

You can also come in from the Newport Highway, take Highway 20 North from Newport, to the intersection of Highway 20/Highway 31. Go West on Highway 20 towards Colville to the Sherry Creek road ¾ mile past Beaver Lodge.

The campsite is primitive and there will be bugs. Beaver Lodge has cabins to rent and a small restaurant, store, and gas. The number for Beaver Lodge is 509-684-5657. Cell phones do not work in the LPO area. If you need more info feel free to contact me at [email protected] or PM me here.

We will be up there Thursday evening or Friday morning. There will be a few people (zero_it, noseat and a friend as far as I know) there Thursday evening.

Will know better when we will be headed up there tomorrow.

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Still questionable if I can make it! but If I can what time might people go out for a ride on Sat morning? 9 or 10?

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
We plan to head out from the Sherry Creek Trailhead at 9:30 am both Sat & Sunday.

Looks like we won't be up there until Friday morning. Noseat, zero_it and crew are hanging at Batey then heading to Sherry Creek Friday morning also. I'm sure there will be some Friday riding and since we are staying Sunday night we'll be riding some on Monday also most likely.

pinball

Sponsoring Member
Oct 19, 2003
Can somebody bring me some of that blackberry beer that someone brought to our little beer tasting in Reno?That would be awesome!(of course I`ll pay for it!!)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Yeah, I'll have Keith pick up some in Spokane. It's from the Coeur d'Alene brewery.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Gettin' down to the wire . . .

Well my bike is at the shop, and it SHOULD run today.
My new Pro Tapers SHOULD come in today.

Cross your fingers for me, folks, I can't wait to ride tomorrow.

Anyway, is there anything anyone needs? I have a bunch of firewood in my yard, I will try to pack as much of that in and around my bike and camping gear (remember my truck is small) if you guys think we'll need it. I'd like to get it out of my yard, and I don't have a stove. The landlords haven't cleared it out yet. It's from a tree they cut down last year or something. Anyway I figured it'd be handy, so I'll plan on bringing it unless you all won't be needing it.

ARE WE READY TO RIDE?!?!?!

PS: Pinball, I'll bring the beer, and count it as my contribution to the alcohol fund. Don't pay me back. I'm sure I'll have a margarita or two out of the blender. :aj: How much do you want? We should have arranged to get a keg of it!

I'm a genius!
Why didn't we think of getting a keg earlier? Can we still? Would enough people chip in? Will one be enough? I've never bought a keg, so I don't know how to go about it. Does anyone have a tap?

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I'm sure they have all left! I'm just showing up to ride, and then coming home! Wish I had time for some of the refreshments!!!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Yeah they probably are all up there by now. I've got a lot to do and a long drive so I'll have a late night arrival, but I'm finally locked and loaded and just need fuel and to find the freeway.

AND MY BIKE RUNS!!!!!!!! :aj:

Top Bottom