Feedback On Gutting Stock Pipe On 2001 220

jssport

Feb 20, 2003
I gutted my E2's pipe, it's better than stock...

I'd like an FMF but I don't want to spend $170 then have to buy a protector, then ding up the pipe anyway.

I've got a few small pin leaks on the weld since I didn't clean it enough before welding it back up... it's a frankenweld and I get some boot spooge from it.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
ohhhh... LMAO!

I thought it was a real weld. lol

i kept sayignto myself.. A JB weld??? That doesnt exist?

anyhoo... if it works.. then who cares.. use it!

:thumb: :yeehaw:

P455

Nov 16, 2003
OK, I found the "tech tips" section on pipe mods. It references the 89-94 pipe. Does anyone know if the later model (2004) pipes respond to similar mods?

KnoxKDX

Jan 29, 2003
P455 said:
OK, I found the "tech tips" section on pipe mods. It references the 89-94 pipe. Does anyone know if the later model (2004) pipes respond to similar mods?

I don't think so on 95-04's...think they are double walled, but don't have the "mesh" wire guts in em like the older ones.

BRYDEN1

Sep 22, 2003
Thanks CC but i have already seen that post. What i would really like to know is what improvement would be seen between a properly jetted stock pipe and a properly jetted gutted pipe. In the thread you referenced the jetting alone may be responsible for the gain in performance.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The shape of the two (oem and aftermarket) is not at all the same..and shape is what it's all about.

Weight matters. That difference is considerable.

The oem pipe IS pretty tough, though. Much moreso than any aftermarket pipe.

Find yourself a platinum II PC pipe, admire its beauty for the ten seconds it's still there and be done with it.

How about that?

BRYDEN1

Sep 22, 2003
canyncarvr said:
The shape of the two (oem and aftermarket) is not at all the same..and shape is what it's all about.

Weight matters. That difference is considerable.

The oem pipe IS pretty tough, though. Much moreso than any aftermarket pipe.

Find yourself a platinum II PC pipe, admire its beauty for the ten seconds it's still there and be done with it.

How about that?
Fair enough. I was pretty much sold on a FMF torque pipe any way. As soon as the next chinook melts the remaining snow I think I will gut the stock pipe just to see what happens.

In reference to an archived post of yours....
guessyoucantgetsomethingfornothingthanksforyourinputireallydoknowbetterimjustcheapokenoughimdone :joke:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom