Finally a good excuse for going slow...

oldfatguy

Jul 15, 2002
I picked up an '02 Scorpa SY250 this weekend. I also tried a Beta Rev 3 and a Sherco but went with the Scorpa 'cause it seemed to have a mellower power delivery.

There's a gnarly set of trails here in Austin (City Park) that I just wasn't good enough to do with my KTM. I hit the trails this morning with the Scorpa and had a blast! What a riot climbing the long rock "stairways". The vertical rock ledges still freak me out (both up and down) but I was able to make them with a little practice. The torque of these trials bikes is just amazing!

Anything I need to watch out for with these Scorpas?

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Congrats! Welcome to "the obsession" :cool:

Far as I know the little Scorpas are pretty bulletproof...as are pretty much all the trials bikes really. Keep the air filter and gearbox oil fresh and have fun! Oh, and remember you don't need much pressure in those tires, particularly the rear. I usually run 6psi front, 4psi rear in the dry and have gone as low as 2psi in slippery conditions in the rear.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sounds like we need to hook up and go hit CP some time. I office near 360 & Bee Cave Rd. so it's a short hop!

oldfatguy

Jul 15, 2002
That'd be great Pat. After I get my "sea legs" on this new toy, I'll drop you a note. Heck, maybe I'll even show up at an AMSA meeting one of these days so I can meet you.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
No need to get sea legs and THEN call, lets set something up now. Doesn't even have to be CP we have a few other options, can even be my place so AC & refreshments are close at hand!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Wait a minute, I see you have a KTM300, you don't happen to office at 1101 Capital of Texas do ya'?

Top Bottom