sillygoose27

Oct 13, 2002
I can't wait. Since having my 87 apart since october, I'm so close to getting it back in running order. I burnt up the clutch on it and decided to do a top end while i was at it. Never got all the parts together until today so I'm taking the head to the machine shop for a hone tomororw... 3 seasons of me riding and the cylinder was in awesome condition...

I can't wait to ride this again. But i'm wondering if anyone here has an extra front plastic, the whole number plate area where the headlight fits. Mine got busted up on my most recent crash :ohmy:

Also, any tips when putting the gaskets back on the motor, I didn't split the case just doing the top end. Should i use some type of sealer along with the gasket, or just the gasket itself?
Thanks in advance,
Gregg

KDX1

Mod Ban
Jun 5, 2001
Gregg,
As far as the plastic goes, you may want to try that well known auction site. I was on there yesterday and say a bunch of KDX stuff. When putting the gaskets back on the head, you can use copper spay gasket made by Permatex. I was told that by using this you can reuse metal gaskets as long as you clean them off really good. Good luck!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom