2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
I finally diagnosed a problem, worked it out in my head, then fixed it!
I recently bought two OLD snowmobiles for 75 dollars and after a week of frustrating work I got one of them running really good! I have learned soooooo much about two cycle engines, it was denfinitely worth 75 bucks just to learn.

Just thought I share it!

gstaten24

Jan 12, 2009
ya i agree, my gpa had an old 85 honda streetbike. it had a 250 cc 4 stroke in it. he told me to take it apart and replace the piston and rings, etc. i did something like this on a two stroke before and i learned a lot, so i jumped on the opportunity. it was definanty worth the time, especially since i am planning on doing this for a living when i graduate college. hands on is the best way to learn for me idk about you!

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
Ones a 1978 Ski Doo Olympique 340 and the other one is a 1978 John deer Spitfire 340.
they are alot of fun!

When I got the John Deer running I found out that the kill switch was broke :) I shocked my self twice pulling the spark plug wires off :) (I should have just used the choke..duh)

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
nice! I'm jealous! I was given a 1973 panther 340, fixed it up a bit, and now that I've gotten some winter use out of it, I'm tearing the 45 hp engine out and slapping it on a gokart frame!

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
thats a good idea!
I thought about doing that with an old suzuki TS 400 motorcycle motor :) it had a five speed trany to go with it too.

I pulled the head off the John Deer today..its completly SHOT but as soon as I get the money I will try to hone it out and rebuild it. For right now im going to ride it and have fun!

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
Are you makeing the cart for off road or on?

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
off road. well, I guess "dirt road" would be the best way to describe it. 45 hp on a go-kart is going to move pretty fast!

Top Bottom