Dklulz

Aug 23, 2010
I Just finished with my top-end. But there is a pinging noise going on. I put the boyesen reeds in her, but there is a pinging noise that is going on. Could it be my main jet? should i drop the clip 1? Any suggestions would be nice. Thanks! :nod:

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
If pinging is at idle you have only the pilot circuit to blame. Your airfilter is in there, freshly oiled I suppose? Main jet is the last 3/4 of throttle range and the needle picks up at 2 to 3000 rpm roughly at 10% throttle.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Now that you are done, run another compression test on the fresh top end. That way you will have something to compare it to the next time you are wondering if your compression is OK

Rod

Dklulz

Aug 23, 2010
Arnego- What should i change to?

Rm_guy- 91octane. I was thinking this could be a factor.

Rmc- Will do :)

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
With a clean airfilter have a look when the pinging happens, if at idle first the airscrew, if you turn the airsrew in and have less than one turn left go bigger. If you go over 2.5 turns out go smaller. Also how high is the idle?

If you pulled the engine you might also have a look at your timing too advanced and you could get pinging.

Use fresh fuel if possible your octane rating on fuel dropps when getting older. That could also be your problem.

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
I believe your idle screw is the the choke button, twisting it should have an effect on the idle. Newer bikes have the idle screw on the left side it sticks out.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Dklulz said:
Arnego- What should i change to?

Rm_guy- 91octane. I was thinking this could be a factor.

Rmc- Will do :)
I usually always use 93. I once had a KX250 that had a milled head (higher compression) and it needed octane booster. If you have stock compression, then 93 should be fine as far as the fuel goes.

Top Bottom