sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
every time I do a project it cost me alot when it comes to seals.... anyone know a way or a site you can just put in the dimensions and get good results the seal I am trying to find on the cheap is for the rear wheel bearings it is a 25x42x5 mm seal

I got the bearings down pat and can find them really easy and for cheap but when it comes to seals it makes me nuts

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
I'm on the other side of the world but over here the good bearing supplier is also the good seal supplier but I've never found a size chart online

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
thanks Indy being a Building Engineer (glorified Maintenance man) that is where I source alot of my bearings for work and have had some good luck in the seals dept as well. I have a place called bearings and drive really close to me and have gone down there to get alot of stuff for restoration work on my heard.

Anyhow let me run this past you, I can get 10 6004rs bearing for 15 bucks, they are for the rear axel, the seals are about 5 bucks a piece and really dont appear to help much...so here is what i am thinking,

Drive the seals out with the old bearing (to not damge the inner seal surface) replace the bearing and reused the seals. The new bearings are vbx brand and I am not sure if they are chinese or wht?

I normally take the rubber seals out of the bearings and remove the factory grease then pack them with this green water proof grease I have then replace the rubber in the bearing. After install I will pack more grease between the bearing and seal and a bit more between the seal and dust cap.

so I am going to see if reusing the seals make any difference as I will have enough 6004's to do 4 more rear bearing changes

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
As long as they're not stretched out and you can get them out without damaging them they'll be fine. They just keep water/dirt out. Maybe a light smear of rtv around the outside...

Top Bottom