Boozer

Oct 5, 2001
This topic has already been discussed before, but it's such a wonderful idea, i thought i should re-fresh the idea.
I went riding with some very good riders on the weekend, and we took along a video camera. On our track, we have a good selection of corners, and one great, deep sandy berm. We each took turns filming each other taking the different corners, using a variety of angles. It was good fun, and people tend to do their best when someone is filming them.
Anyway, when we arrived back to my house, we watched the film while having lunch. It was fun to watch each other on the tv, but we went over the film again in slow motion. This allowed the viewers to assess each riders technique, because each section of the corner was easy to follow.
The gun rider in our group had a text book technique, with each section (corner entry, apex, exit) done perfectly. It was easy for the other riders to see where they could have done better, and where they were doing the right thing. Sometimes it was just a little mistake that they didn't know about, until they saw themselves on tv.
I personally think that this is an invaluable learning tool, and it has helped me immensely. Hate to pull old ideas out of the grave, but i was hoping it might help someone else with their riding. After all, after spending $,$$$ on a nice hi-tech bike, it would be wise to use it to its full potential (or at least as close as possible!).

bud

Jun 29, 1999
I agree completely. I'm used to seeing everyone else on video as I have a helmetcam. Finally seeing myself was great since I looked more competent than I felt/am. Gave me some pointers as well, mostly where I am braking and where I should be braking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom