Wolverine151

Jul 31, 2006
1) your physical size: 5 foot 11, 255lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you: I'm aggressive on my quad it might take a while to learn two wheels
3) what do you plan to ride: woods, trails, and some mx
4) Do you have any riding experience: 8 years of sport quads this is my first bike
5) Do you think you will race: eventually
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?: Yes I can work on my own machine
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke): nope
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?: all are within a short drive
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?: doesnt really matter but cheaper is always good
10) Do you live in California?: new york
11) Your age?:21

I have always dreamed of owning a dirtbike but never got around to it. I have ridden sport quads (z400, raptor, and my friends 450 race quads) for nearly 8 years. I want something that will be fun and competative in some racing (I'm no pro so novice class). I'm sure I can handle a larger machine and I'm pretty sure my size is too much for a 250f. I was looking at a number of machines kx450f, RM-Z 450, 450SXF, 450XC-F and maybe even a 250SX(2t). I just wanted an opinion from people who know these machines. Also do you think a man of my size could be competative in novice classes? Most of the riders I know are skinny little guys.

Thank you for your help!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Yeah, 450.. Pick a color.

You can't go wrong with a Honda.. But they are all so closely matched in performance and reliability, it's a matter what you can find in your price range.

I prefer Honda for a number of reasons, but with the 4 strokes, I have to think the fact that they have separate oil for the engine & transmission has to be better.

Just my opinion though.

One other piece of advice, don't stand to close to Pred, he likes to give big ole man hugs. It's not pretty.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2006
Novice class has almost nothing whatsoever to do with bike. It is all about rider until "expert". Only experts can use the bike to its potential. Thats why they are called experts.
Indy has the right answer for you, I think (Honda optional). You will benefit far more from suspension set-up than anything else. You need a 250 2 stroke or a 450 4 stroke. Both are a lot of bike. Either one will waste the 450 race quad like it's tied to a post :laugh: . The 450 4-stroke will be easier to ride.

Top Bottom