cfiore99

Jan 31, 2010
I have the opportunity to get a CRF 150R for a good deal. Any thoughts? Here is all the relevant info: Thanks!!

1)5' 6" 115 pounds
2) I am fairly aggressive/like to have fun but old enough to not do something stupid.
3) Fields with friends and trails.
4) I had a Ninja 600 for 2 years a long time ago, so very little experience.
5) Will not be racing.
6) I am mechanically inclined, and my friend has lots of experience riding/re-building fixing etc.
7) Honda/4 stroke preference.
8) Have a Honda & Yamaha dealer close by to my home.
9) $2000 + or - to spend.
10) Do not live in California
11) 39 years old.
12) Just want to go out and have fun riding trails or out in the "desert" in Colorado.

Last edited:

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
i am more or less the same phisical as you and i have a big wheel cr80. (the same as the crf150R)
while i really, really like this bike i have to recognise it´s a mini bike and sometimes i feel it just plain small... :nod:

that said the crf150R it´s a race bike. has lot of power, great suspension but demands lots of maintenance and wears out fast.
while a crf150F is a trail bike it might be underpowered to go to desert. suspension not the best for that also... you can kill this bike in a few weeks.

honda xr series, be 250 or 400, are great trail bikes. heavier that the 150 but great all round bikes. they are cheap and last very long, even when abused.
another option the crf250X. they are the new xr´s... look around and see what you can get on your price range. :cool:

Last edited:

YZ__rider

Jan 16, 2010
An XR250, XR400 or 250X would be way too heavy for a 115 pound rider, not to mention too tall.

The question you have to ask yourself, cfiore, is this...can you pick up the bike when you are dead tired after a long day of trail riding? Maybe a CRF150F is the best solution?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom