Ricebowl

Apr 11, 2008
Been out of the bike riding scene for a long time and am looking to get back in to riding. My last bike was yz 125 but that was back in the early 90's. Here is the pertinent info. I really appreciate the help.

1)physical size : 6'2" 205

2) How physical / aggressive are you ? I would consider myself a very physical aggressive rider. I am deep into freeride mountain biking.

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? I mainly will ride in local dirt/sand pits with some friends. Seldom do I go on a ride in the woods and I'll never see a track.... well at least in any type of competition.

4) Do you have any riding experience? A little with my older bikes, but I have been off bikes so long that it probably doesnt count.

5) Do you think you will race ? No

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Yes, I can do all my own work with no problems.

7) Do YOU have a preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? I'm pretty partial to the song of the 2 stroke and the wild power delivery. Brand choice doesn't really matter as long as its not a POS.

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? I have honda, kawi, yam and suzuki dealers all within 10 miles of my house.

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? I'd like to stay around $2000 and I am definitely looking to purchase a used bike from early 2001-2002ish maybe even late 90's

10) Do you live in California? no

11) Your age? 33

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion I'm really just looking for something that is fun, fast and borderline scary. I like to rip around in the dirt and play. I dont want to have a weak ass bike that cant get out of its own way with me on it.

Thanks for any suggestions. I'm thinking maybe CR or YZ 250 but maybe a 125 might do the trick. I dont really know, havent been on one in a while.

jeff

Apr 30, 2007
I put my vote in for a CR 250...they're crazy fast, and would haul someone your size around very well indeed!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom