sp33d3m0n

Nov 12, 2007
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'1 103 lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
dont know
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
trails and mx tracks everyother weekend
4) Do you have any riding experience?
I've ridden a manual pocketbike
5) Do you think you will race ?
yes...eventually
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
i want to fix what i break
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
kawasaki/any motor
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
have a honda dealership i go to
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
less than 5 grand
10) Do you live in California?
No.
11) Your age?
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
I'd like a crf150r but dont know if i can handle it i know about using clutches and shifting and all that jazz

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
Unless the shop near you is really bad its a good thing to develope a relationship with one shop. From there you can get discounts and advice. (also us mechanics really like donuts and are more apt to hand out advice to those that are truly interested in learing and bribe us with donuts and pizza)

D

XMotoX

Oct 23, 2006
Like everyone else said, either an 85 or the 150R. They both have pros and cons but either one would fit you just right. The two stroke 85's are cheaper to buy and cheaper to maintain. They might be a little harder to learn on because of the power delivery.

The four stroke 150R is expensive to buy new and used and is a higher maintenance bike. You don't want to skip on regular maintenance or you will be paying some big bucks later down the line when something goes wrong. But, the 150 will have smoother power and is easier to ride on tracks as well as trails than the two stroke would be.

Also, just remember, depending on local rules for racing in your area, you might not be able to race the 150 in the 85 class.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom