Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
:cool:

I'm in a little bit of pain right now, but my grin couldn't be bigger. I finally took my bike to the track. After 12 years of dreaming, I got to try it out.

I went last Tuesday and rode for about three hours, not really jumping, just getting a feel for it.

Today was the first day I haven't been sore since that day, so I decided to give the track another go.

Last Tuesday it was really muddy and rainy so there weren't a lot of riders at the track, but in the perfect conditions of today there were a good 15-20 riders there when I left.

Today I found that in third gear I can clear a lot of the jumps at this track. So, I did that, but there was this "double double" section that I have been afraid of since I saw it.

Anyways I was following one of the more seasoned riders around a corner into the double double and I decided to go for it.

The first double, I barely made it, almost endoed. So I pinned it.
The second double I over shot, landed on my front tire, slammed into the handlebars and slammed on my shoulder.

No serious damage to myself or the bike, thankfully.

Also, something I noticed is that I usually stop for people if they crash and I make sure they're alright. No one stopped for me. Maybe it's a newbie thing. ;)

When I got home my dad asked me if I was ready to sell it after crashing and I told him Nope. I'm ready to rest up for next week.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Once you get your timing right, that double double will be easy..

For me, if I would have missed the first one, like you did, I'd grab brakes.. not risk the second one. That's usually a good time to take a breath, get your head back, and try again.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
crashing is a part of it. don't let it or anyone else deter you. you will crash many, many more times in the future. i know this for a fact, trust me. ;)

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Papakeith said:
double double? you mean 4 singles right? :ride:

Yeah.. I know..

Hey, I do actually have photographic evidence of me on my bike actually leaving the ground. I wasn't up there very long, but I was up there.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
IndyMX said:
Yeah.. I know..

Hey, I do actually have photographic evidence of me on my bike actually leaving the ground. I wasn't up there very long, but I was up there.
What's it like "Up there"?

Don't be too bothered about the other riders checking on you, it's all about perception of injury. You probably didn't look hurt, and that IS a good thing. Having other riders drop their bikes and stop traffic because you made a mistake is rather embarrassing, and you don't really want to cause that. I have seen tracks essentially shut down because a kid landed wrong and found himself in a pile of tires. Riding ability isn't the only thing you learn with track experience, damage assessment is another skill that is learned over time.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Crashing goes hand in hand with riding. I recommend gettting all the protective gear you can, that way you can crash harder without getting as injured.

And as far the other guys at the track, if you got right up they probly weren't worried. I only stop if it was a big crash or the rider stays down.

Have fun and stay safe.

Top Bottom