JagPres2

Apr 28, 2008
Greetings and thanks in advance. I am looking for one bike for myself and one for my little brother.

My information:
1) your physical size: 5'8, 145
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? 7 out of 10 - cautiously agressive college rugby, surf, swim, anything to stay active and challenged
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? Will ride trails and hills
4) Do you have any riding experience? 1981 Suzuki 850 road bike, heavy!
5) Do you think you will race ? Not Mx
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? Still open to any of the 4 big guys: Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki Would like the get the best bike for the money, less maintenance means more time outdoors
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? All dealers available
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? 5K
10) Do you live in California? nooooo.
11) Your age? 27
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion: I have been at dealership and searching ads looking for a suitable bike. Main questions revolve around not purchasing too large a bike while learning, while at at the same time not repurchasing another bike next year.

Bike for brother:

1) your physical size: 5'5 - 125
2) How physical / aggressive are you: 7 out of 10
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? Trail riding
4) Do you have any riding experience? no
5) Do you think you will race ? not mx
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? no preference
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? all dealers available
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? 4K
10) Do you live in California? no
11) Your age? 13
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion: Looking for a great bike to start with and not have to repurchase a different bike next year.

Many Thanks,
PC

rostifer

Mar 23, 2006
Okay boys. Looks like any brand of 250f will work for you. Even KTM (don't forget about Kick Tail Motorcycles) Older brother (Im gonna call you Steve); Steve you might want to consider a 250 two stroke or 450. Only rule I have for you is DO NOT GET A 125. Im especially talking to you little brother (Im gonna call you Ike) Another tip for you guys, Ebay has good deals. Good luck Steve and Ike. :cool:

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
for the older brother i would recommend a 250f or some sort of trail bike like a klx400. trail bikes still have plenty of power but not as agressive as full out motocross bikes like the 450.

for the little bro or Ike :laugh: a 125 or 250f would be perfect.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom