wfodbiker

Mar 27, 2001
Karterron/Eric,
All the CIDRA events will run the mini class, usually at 10:30 for 1 hour. We usually run the minis on a shortened(easier) version of the big bike loop. We also run two sweep riders to help the little guys/gals as required. As far as this Sundays race, it all depends on the weather. It is usually a rutted mudfest, but last year it was fairly dry and easy. Who knows....... The races in Glasford and Marietta are layed out pretty good for mini riders.

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
wfodbiker, I would like to do acouple of the events in Glasford I know were Glasford is, but were is the corse start at?

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
wfo

Where can I get more information about this weekends race in Cuba. Directions, times, classes, costs, etc. Is Halls the best place for that or does the club have a contact number?

Weather is supposed to warm up this week so maybe it will dry out by Sunday.

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
last year the cuba race was on a bulldozer width mx track through the
woods with some nasty hills and mud holes
with all the snow still on the ground and the warm weather coming it will
be a mud race

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Do they still have snow on the ground? I didn't think that area got hit with the snow Chicago did last week. I thought all they got was rain which with the warm weather should make for good conditions.

I live in the Chicago burbs so I don't know what the conditions are down that way. I was going to go to South Fork over the weekend and they were muddy but no snow.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
If you want to try an easy Hare Scramble come try the Forest City Riders race on April 5th (yes Saturday) in Byron IL (we have an enduro on Sunday). We have about 3 1/2 miles laid out and is all new. Most of it will be in a cow pasture with some woods thrown in. It is laid out for fun, no hard hills, no creek crossing, just some easy woods and some grass track stuff. The hardest part will be staying away from the mutli-flower rose bushes.

I will post more on the race(s) soon or you can email at forestcityriders@hotmail.com

idahoyz

Sep 24, 2001
You will need to strategy similar to what long distance runners do. I would reccommend a slow start, then fading midway through the race, then slowing down more towards the the finish.

wfodbiker

Mar 27, 2001
Erik82,
The Glasford races are actually 4 - 5 miles west of Glasford. There are a couple farms we have been using. Once you get to Glasford, follow the arrows and you'll be directed to the correct course. We usually arrow the roads from RT# 24 and from RT# 116.

wfodbiker

Mar 27, 2001
Kart,
The Cuba race is on the West side of town. Once you get to Cuba, the roads will be arrowed to direct you to the course. Dan (Link) is the main contact for the CIDRA races, he can be reached at (309) 647-3009. This is an AMA and D17 event so all sanctioned classes will be ran. The entry fee for this particular race is usually $30, because in the past they haven't charged the customary $5 gate fee. The minis run at 10:30 and the big bikes run at 12:00, if the weather holds out the Peewees will run at 10:00.

The snow is melted and the ground is drying out.........

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
last year this course was between 1.5 and 2.5 miles long i can not remember which and its a good race to have mud tires last year cuba was my first race on my ktm and i still had stock tires going forward was not so bad but i could not turn

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
Originally posted by agitt73
last year cuba was my first race on my ktm and i still had stock tires going forward was not so bad but i could not turn

Funny....my first race on a KTM was Cuba in '99 and I had the exact same experience. Stock Bridgestone tires are horrible in the mud (especially the front).

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
wow, only 1.5-2.5 miles long??? I've never raced a H/S track less than 9 miles..... I'm going to one that is only 5miles long this weekend and I thought that was awful short.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Karterron, check out http://unitedoffroadracing.com/ Bill Gussie runs a great local series and runs seperate courses for the minis and runs them by themselves. It is similar to how Wardy does it. The series is non-ama but a good series. This is where I started out on in the 80cc class and learned alot about riding there. Most of the local races are in Morrison, IL.

Top Bottom