dylanmx

Jan 1, 2006
I finnally purchased my racing licence with the CMRC and im super excited. I cant help but want to kno wat everyone else who races out there came in on there first moto. Oh yea and any tips i should kno would be cool too. thanks alot.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
2nd out of 5 in Open D. Small class . . . LOL

On starts, I find its a good idea to move about a foot to 18 inches back from where the gate hits the ground. Then I can "jump" the gate with little chance of getting caught on it. Further, this position usually puts you on the down slope of the back of the rut created by the guys who started before you.

I also look at the gate to my right or left as opposed to looking at the gate in front of me. It seems that you can see it move quicker from the side. Given the type of gate, you can also watch for the pin at the base of the gate to move - the pin releases the gate so it can fall.

I started way to the outside since I had never done it before, and I didn't want to get caught up in a crash in the first corner.

Don't worry about your result - just go out and have some fun. By the time the gate drops you'll be so pumped and nervous that you'll forget about the just having fun part ;) but it's better to just have that mindset so you can relax a little at the gate.

Talk to lots of guys at the track and get to know them. Even guys in the lower classes can have very helpful hints about bike set up, the track, etc. . .

Have fun!

AlaskanRider

Aug 9, 2005
I want to race motocross this summer, I have a TTR-125 L/LE though, LoL. Hopefully I am getting a YZ- 85 so I can race that instead. Good Luck out there!

Top Bottom