First ride of the year!

motorpsycho

Jun 8, 2003
Finally found the time to get the bike in the woods. With the help of many people here on the forum, I decided to:
1) replace the stock piston on my 1997 220
2) install Boyesen reeds
3) install FMF Rev pipe
4) new chain and sprockets, changing the front to a 12 tooth

All I can say is WOW! :yeehaw:
I've heard all of the stories about how much you can really wake these bikes up, but I thought there was a fair deal of exaggeration going on. I was wrong! :worship:
Thanks to everyone here, I cant remember everyones names so I wont even try! Guess all the lurking I've done in the past months has paid off! :thumb:
I'ts time to RIDE! :aj:

motorpsycho

Jun 8, 2003
Prolly still a tad rich, but pretty close from the looks of things!
Kinda purposefull on my part, I like to run a fresh motor conservative. Running a 140/40 stock needle 2'nd from the top. Cant wait to get out again! :flame:

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Actually motorpsycho, that jetting sounds about right for a 220. You might want to try a 35 on the pilot if you have one available. What part of the country you located and what elevation are you riding at?
Also, what brand piston and rings did you replace the stock one with?
Once you get used to the pepped up KDX, you are going to start wanting to enhance the suspension, etc...etc...etc....
It will be a long time before you will loose that silly grin off your face!
Good Riding and thanks for the report

motorpsycho

Jun 8, 2003
Thanks, Skipro I *do* appreciate all the (constructive)feedback I can get! :thumb: As far as elevation, can vary from ride to ride. But not more than a couple hundred feet probably. Wiseco piston, btw. Is there another brand? While I am new to the dirtbike thing, I am a bonafied motor-psycho and feel the need to modify everything that I get my hands on. I'm sure more mods will come, but for now I'm happy. :yeehaw:
Now, lets all have fun, no need to keep slamin each other. :think:

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
motorpsycho said:
While I am new to the dirtbike thing, I am a bonafied motor-psycho and feel the need to modify everything that I get my hands on.

That's me as well. I've been out of the dirtbike thing for 15 years, but back in the 70's I worked at a local motorcycle shop. I used to lube chains back when whale oil was the hot setup. I still have a can of the stuff!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…