fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Well, after waiting all winter for the snow to clear and the weather to warm up, I FINALLY got a chance to take my KDX for a ride. CRB, my dad and I met up with Woodsy and Larry at Cedar Creek at 10am. What a great ride! What a great bike! SO much better than what I'm used to! I've got power to get up hills without having to downshift all the way into 1st, I can ride through whoops and the suspension just soaks them right up, just a touch of the front brake and it quickly slows down, and (if I get brave enough) I can rev it up and dump the clutch out of a corner and it hooks up and GOES! My dad was right, by the end of our ride today I found the sweet spot in the motor and got the handling down, and I could just cruise! I never dropped my bike, I bobbled and got a little squirrely a couple times (when DON'T I? :think: ) , but I never dumped it. That bike is so easy to ride, and so much FUN to ride, it made letting go of my XR200 today a lot easier! (Yep, we sold the XR today, it's gone)

The trail was in excellent condition. There were some small patches of ice that were a little slippery, but other than that it was all dirt. No mud, no water, and even a slight touch of dust. Some whoops, but not bad at all. When we started riding it was probably around 36 degrees and it warmed up to about 46 by the time we were done. The sun came out for the second half of our day, making the riding all that much more enjoyable.

It was great to finally get out on the trail! Thanks to Woodsy, Larry, Chris, my dad, and my KDX for the great ride! :yeehaw:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
It's great that you were finally able to ride the Fenderbike! Thanks for the ride report, we'll be trying it out ourselves tomorrow.

Factory

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 19, 2002
Sounds like a great ride! As I was sitting at my desk yesterday looking outside, I often thought of you guys........ :moon:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
"My dad was right".... Fredt T.: WOW - are you ahead of the game BIG TIME :) Fender: The PERFECT trail report, nothing ol Woodsy can add except - I was glad to see you guys (the pleasure was mine) and be part of your maiden voyage - your gonna have a GREAT summer!!!
Here are some followup pics for memory sakes.
Woodsy

Attachments

• Mar19112.JPG
    Mar19112.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 178
  • Mar19111.JPG
    Mar19111.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 161

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Oh what the heck, here are a couple more :)

Attachments

• Mar19113.JPG
    Mar19113.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 148
  • Mar19114.JPG
    Mar19114.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 144

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Congratulation fender! Do you have any way of transporting that bike your self? Aaron's wants you to come out and play. Do you usually work weekends?

miScott

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 19, 2003
Fender,
I couldn't agree with you more on the KDX. I finaly got mine out last night and tore up the yard.

Didn't have enough room for more than a quick burst of 1st - 2nd, but noticed I'm going to have a tuff time keeping the front wheel down. :yeehaw:

I'm planning on going out to my dad's house on Saturday where he has 20 acres to play on. Should get a better impression then.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
70 marlin said:
Congratulation fender! Do you have any way of transporting that bike your self? Aaron's wants you to come out and play. Do you usually work weekends?

Sorry, my only vehicle is a car and I don't have a trailer hitch...besides, I don't think my car can pull a trailer! :eek:

And yes, I usually work a lot on weekends, anywhere from 10-18 hours (I usually work 20-25 hours/week).

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I feel ya; my truck has been under the weather. I pulled my triple rail trailer to CC with my wife’s neon last time. It did it, but didn’t like it much.
Sounds like its time to sell the car and pick up a used truck?

Top Bottom