Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
never showed up to ride today, hell it got all the way to 10 today and we rode for nearly 3 hours. There were 5 of us and afterward I made a nice fire and we drank a few Bud Light Energy Drinks. Should have seen lil Mapes riding around in jeans and rubber boots like it was the last lap of the GNCC. Ahhhh the first ride of 2010. :cool:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
......ran ten miles in and around downtown GR this morning. Does that count for something? We just got back from New Holland Brewery where we had dinner and a couple of high octance recovery drinks.....none of that beer-light shat. If you can see through your energy drink, it ain't worth drinkin'. ;)

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
Curious as to where you rode. I've got the KoldKutters installed and my boy and I here looking for a spot. Heat wave going on right now.

Jordan414

Nov 23, 2008
Fred T said:
never showed up to ride today, hell it got all the way to 10 today and we rode for nearly 3 hours. There were 5 of us and afterward I made a nice fire and we drank a few Bud Light Energy Drinks. Should have seen lil Mapes riding around in jeans and rubber boots like it was the last lap of the GNCC. Ahhhh the first ride of 2010. :cool:

:)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
BadgerMan said:
......ran ten miles in and around downtown GR this morning. Does that count for something? We just got back from New Holland Brewery where we had dinner and a couple of high octance recovery drinks.....none of that beer-light shat. If you can see through your energy drink, it ain't worth drinkin'. ;)

Could not see through the can, but the label said it was supposed to be good stuff....

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
i got out for a little ride today . just a little field bombing but it was still good none the less. only down side was my feet were frozen when i got done.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
YZMAN400 said:
i got out for a little ride today . just a little field bombing but it was still good none the less. only down side was my feet were frozen when i got done.

Try neoprene booties. :cool:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
My winter hat is off to you people going out riding, in single digit weather? No where as crazy as the bunch that jumps into Lake Michigan. That is nuts!!!! No ice racing yet? Grand Rapids indoor next weekend? Vintage Bob

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Mine went into the basement for winter maintenance. Putting a thinner base gasket on to get the X at zero. 40 hours with Motul 800 and piston and powervalve are spotless. Jman suggested this premix. :cool: Took the studded tires off and added some S12XC's on both ends. Not riding until the dirt is back.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I switched to Motul 800 mid season. Good stuff. Drive south, there's dirt.

MATTSKN

Sep 7, 2007
I was wondering who showed. I was getting some vulgar texts for no going, just plain to lazy to put tires on. I was thinking of you guys when I was out getting some fire wood.. :coocoo:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
No wimps here....This is what we did New Years day & Saturday! Looks like DW wore Cody out eh!:ride:
DSC03022.jpg

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Saturdays track was wicked fast! About 6 of us went down in the same turn for a nice ride across the ice.....Always good to get the first ride outa the way ya know!! :cool:

Ps. A good friend broke his collar bone.

RedGreen

Jul 20, 2005
Went for a trail ride today but I forgot my studs and my engine at home... :cool:

it was fun to see the look on the showshoers faces when i rode by - "is it legal to ride a mountain bike in the snow?" :)

tz140

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2009
MATTSKN said:
I was wondering who showed. I was getting some vulgar texts for no going, just plain to lazy to put tires on. I was thinking of you guys when I was out getting some fire wood.. :coocoo:

I was there... it really wasn't that cold

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
tz140 said:
I was there... it really wasn't that cold

Especially next to the fire..... :nod:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom