nick5446

Apr 19, 2007
Hey I've been looking for a 4 stroke for a little while and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I've always owned 250 2 strokes, but I really want to make the switch to a 4 stroke for all of the standard reasons. I'm looking for used bikes and trying to keep it under $1500. I don't really do anything too crazy with my bikes, trail riding mostly, maybe a little racing. I've seen a few for sale that look like they could be ok...an '01 YZ426F and a '99 YZ400F, any thoughts?

I was going to put this in the "What bike should I get?" thread, but I know I want a 4 stroke, so I figured I would go to the pros.

lowrydr310

Jan 6, 2008
There are more than 'some' people with original valves in their 426 (and 400 too). Most people I talk to still have original valves and only had to adjust them once or twice if that.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Agreed. The cheapest I've seen 400/426f's in the 98' or 99' range is $2200 and still be in good condition.

Just remember to take any general maintnance into consideration before you by a used bike. I got a good deal on a nice 00' Kx125 for $1300, but have had to put about $600 in it in the form of suspension seals, bearings, etc. So, in all reality that makes my bike more like $1900.

My point is just make sure you have extra money for the unforseen things that have to be fixed once you actually get her home. ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom