Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Hello,

After recieving my second knee surgery yesterday I'm really looking into a set of knee braces to protect my investment. I'm really impressed by your knee braces and would like to get a set. I'm wondering if you would be able to send me as much information about your braces as you can to se if I can convince my doctor to prescribe them for me. Has anyone done this before? Have you had any experiences in dealing with insurance companies on this? I've had many braces from the doctors, but they all seem to comprise on somethings and from what I read your braces would fit my needs perfectly. FYI, I called and left a message yesterday. My post op visit is Wed. 7-2-03 and if possible I'd like to be able to take the info with me. Please let me know.

Thank you in advance,
Andrew Hufford
(e-mail me)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Alot of people have been curious to know if the braces could be covered by insurance with a Dr's note. The best way to find out is ask your Dr. if he would give you a prescription and then be sure that your insurance co. will cover it. You'll have to call your insurance provider to find out. Most companies will not, but it never hurts to call and ask them. :thumb:

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Right, that's why I'm trying to get as much info as possible to convince the doctor that I need them. ;) And then once I have the prescription then I'll be on the phone with my insurance carrier hoping they are willing to help me out. So far I have about $80k into my two knees and I think $500 braces would be a wise investment.

MXcarzy8080

Feb 26, 2003
asterisk doesn;t go threw insurance, thats y they try ot keep there braces at low prices, alot of other barces do go threw ur insurance so ur going to hav to pay for the asterisks out of ur own pocket if u wnat them

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Originally posted by MXcarzy8080
asterisk doesn;t go threw insurance, thats y they try ot keep there braces at low prices, alot of other barces do go threw ur insurance so ur going to hav to pay for the asterisks out of ur own pocket if u wnat them

Okay :think: I think I can read that...

My main question was if anyone has had their doctor prescribe Asterisk knee braces before and if they were successful in getting them with some help from their insurance carrier. I know now that Asterisk doesn’t deal with the insurance companies, but has anyone bought a set as prescribed by their doctor and had the insurance help? Also, does the Cell knee brace meet most doctor’s requirements (in general of course) for a knee brace?

MXcarzy8080

Feb 26, 2003
ya sorry about all my bad spelling i use short forms and i can;t type as fast as i think..lol...( by the way my name is splet the wrong way because i tryed the proper speeling but somethign happened and the account didn;t work??)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom