Flat tires suck!

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Well 3 weeks ago I got a front flat. It's not that bad just has a very slow leak that takes a few days for it to go flat. I bought a front tube but since it's real slow i'm too lazy to replace it right now.
Well the next week we went riding at the same place and I got a rear flat! I was mad but didn't care too much since my buddy also got a front flont the same time I got my flat that day. So I took my rear wheel to the shop to have the tube replace and decided it was time to replace my tire (Birdgestone M51) with a Pirelli MT32. So they ordered it on thursday and it was fixed by friday. They put a new rim lock, tube, tire on it and only charged $6. I mounted the wheel back on and last Sunday we went riding and after 5 minutes of riding my rear was completely flat! I was wayyyy mad so in a last effort to wasting my day I went and got 2 cans of fix-a-flat for hecks sake and after dumping one can in I could see I had a big hole near the bead. So I took the wheel back Monday to have them replace the tube and see what caused the problem...So the moral of this story is....Flat tires suck!! :| :debil:

BigBore

Jun 16, 1999
Mark, since your shop keeps those Chicken Skin tubes in stock, have them order you a Fly Racing heavy duty tube. Those things are extremely thick.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Yea Kev I'd like to use a heavy duty tube but I asked John (parts guy) how long it would take a week to get in from order so the Cheng Shins were the last minute fix. Trust me if I ever get a flat with these tubes I'll be ordering a heavy duty tube.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I've had three flats in three days, don't expect much sympathy from me buddy ;)

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
3 flats in 3 weeks....
3 flats in 3 days....

mere childs play :p

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
What shop is it, selling the $6 Pirelli MT32s? That includes free mounting with new tube and rim lock? :confused:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
What air pressure are you running? When I run in the rocks I bump my pressure up to 14/16 lbs. to avoid flats!

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Have any of you tried the new Moose half bib/half tube set-up. I just went with them, rode today, and really liked the way it felt. Maybe even less bouncy in rocks. $60 retail, but Bridgestone heavy duty's are pretty spendy, and I have flatted those!

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by Cam Mitchell
What shop is it, selling the $6 Pirelli MT32s? That includes free mounting with new tube and rim lock? :confused:

I wish it was all just $6, it was only $6 labor :confused:

I run 15psi because its pretty rocky terrian where I ride.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I'm useing a Moose HD in front. It has three patches and numerous holes in it. I running slime also. It still holds air without leaking. Last time I took it out I did not bother to patch it. Got Sealent?

RM250'er

~SPONSOR~
May 25, 2001
$40 just to change a tire???

There is a shop by me that charges me $50 to true my rim, torque all spokes, and mount tire. (INCLUDES shipping) :)

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Yeah my shop usually charges $40 to put on my tube wrong (they've messed up more than once). It's also normal for them to tell me that I need a talon hub

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Yeah I got 3 flats in seven days. I ride in hardpack clay with a generous sprinkling of rocks. Well used tracks that have rock faces 1mx2m right in the middle of a 4th gear wide open track section. Heavy duty tubes and nothing less. But you know the thing I noticed as I putted back home each time was the amount of dumped stolen cars. At speed I never noticed them in the ****, but putting along I was amazed at where these di--heads will stick them.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
I guess if you want to consider it laziness you can but I don't have the proper tools to put on a rear tire (front tire is no problem).

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
On the trail ya gotta use the tyre levers but when at home its $5 or skinned knuckles and a little bad language and actually breaking into a sweat before the ride??????.....hmmm???? I think $5 wins out every time.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…