Garster

Oct 31, 2009
So my float bowl in my carb keeps sticking. When its stuck and i trun on my gas it comes right out the bottom of my carb. I can make it unstuck by hitting the side of the carb with a hammer lightly. But when i runs and i turn it off, or even while its running it will start to leak again. Any solutions?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Uh.... clean it? Then adjust per factory specs? Usually works for me and everybody I know. If you are 1000000000% you have it perfectly clean and adjusted then buy a rebuild kit for the carb it will have a new float valve.

Even I don't pay attention to every little detail and get burned. Just today I was cleaning the carb on our hot rod XR80 because it wasn't running right. I pulled it and disassembled it cleaned everything really well, reassembled it, set the float and popped it back on. Still not right. I pulled it off and double checked everything and found I had a blocked passage when I tried blowing in the vent tube. A little more cleaner and some compressed air solved everything.

BTW the bowl is the bottom "bowl" of the carb that holds the gas. Get it? Bowl.

cruton1989

Nov 13, 2009
my carb keeps pouring gas ive talked to different people and i have been told that it may be a stuck float or the o ring on the needle is wore out how hard is it to fix

Top Bottom