sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Float height Adjustment or Powerjet?

Well my rm250 was running pretty decent but i was fouling plugs a lot, I thought my jetting was correct but found out I was rich, not sure how i didnt spot it before because I always clean my carbs and mess with my jetting but i think I had the jetting specs for my 96 rm250 in my 99 rm250 which made it rich. Anyhow I got the jetting situated for the most part but my float height was giving me some major issues with spooge. I thought maybe my rh crank seal was shot but my float height was to low. Before the bike was smoking pretty good and upon firing it up spooge would cover my rear fender and end cap of my silencer right away. I raised the float height to around 16mm and the spooge went away for the most part but it still smokes a little, i raised the floats about a mm because i think i was a little off of the 16mm mark and the smoking went down even more, i dont want to end up haing the floats raised to much but you think I could raise them about another mm and see what happens. I dont have the prefect measurement tool so thats why I ask, i'm just doing it by eye with a ruler so i'm thinking i could still be off by just a tad. I just dont want the floats to get to high and cause damage. So leave it how it is now or try again because this is really getting to be a PITA pulling the carb :bang:

Last edited:

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Have any of you changed the powerjet on your bikes, it looks like it goes mostly across the graph on the RPM layout so could this be where my rich condition is coming in for the most part? I have the stock 55 powerjet in there now and I am curious because I have never messed with a powerjet before on any previous bikes

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
bump, dealer has no friggin clue what i am talking about so i guess i need help from you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone please chime in

Top Bottom