sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
well finally got my 07/08 croom stickers
plus picked up a bike for my g/f
going to be doing alot of riding at croom and possibly ocala nat forest
so if any one is interested in riding drop me a line
going to croom monday 10/1 after i go to union hall to sign out of work book :) probably head up there in afternoon
will be in pit area(sandhill day use area) right up front
ill be in red ford f150
sparky

AwfulSmokey

Oct 15, 2007
What types of riding does croom offer? I live in Ft Myers and have read about croom and River Ranch.

Most of my friends have 4WD ATV's and go mudding. I can't errr won't go that slow so last week i bought a kdx200. I followed my friend through some pretty deep water holes(i let him go first to see the depths) he got stuck 3 times as i stood there laughing. I ended up getting stuck once when i nailed it and went into a waist deep hole(bike stalled).

My point is that i would like to find a place to do some "dry" riding and hopefully get some speed going.

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
croom has a lot of trails to ride. basically it is a couple thousand acres of woods with a big pit area. the trails are nice you can get some speed up in places, but there are alot of whoop sections from all the quads but also some semi single track the pit is a wide open area with berms and whoops and some jumps. there is also an area out in the back with some hill climbs and best of all it is 98%dry with some muddy areas if you are loooking for more than mud to ride in i think you would like croom well worth the 50 a year for the sticker. as far as river ranch goes i do not think you can bring bikes out there(if you are talking about the one out by orlando) if you decide to come up to croom give me a shout
we go every weekend and a couple times during the week after work
sparky

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
cool i ended up running around looking for new boots for me and my g/f so no riding sat. We went up to croom on sunday
in the afternoon got a decent deal on some alpine stars from oas. It was pretty nice sunday cool breezy and some lite showers muddy in places but all in all good day (she hit her first tree :laugh: ) couple brusies but her ego was brusied more. truck is still loaded from yesterday and i just got home from work (love working outside when it rains ) we are headiing up there about 3 pm. She wants to go to hardrock soon so we need to seee if we can meet up one of these weekends
sparky

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
what day do you go to hardrock sat or sun? might be able to do sat morning as long as we can get back here early

going to croom on sunday if your interested
i got a guy from work meeting me going to see if 12secelcamino wants to go also ?

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
ill probably go up sun afternoon for a few hours
its less crowded

we went monday i fouled plug out back took g/fs bike to go get plug and proceeded to get lost for next 2 hours :whoa:
ended up finding her nad my bike 10 mins before it got dark out had to ride out in the pitch black luckily we where by the fench line so we just followed it back

Brandon1

Nov 15, 2007
lost .

Yeah i got lost once for 2 hrs left wife at truck with her bike (she needed the rest) boy was she pissed lol wal-mart gps 80 dollars. Helps out alot at croom anyways keep in touch for sunday. MY number if you want to call 352-585-0446

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
brandon me and my g/f are heading up there about
2:00pm we will park in the back area by the camping entrance.
im in a marron f 150 with small trailer 1 black bike and 1 suzuki
i have eletrical union stickers on truck if you see us stop in
will ride togther if you want(just so you know my g/f is on the slower side)bring wife if she rides the more the merrier

sparky

Brandon1

Nov 15, 2007
Hey sparky had a blast sunday let us know about Fri... We were thinking about a little round habitchia grill and maybe grilling some hot dogs and/or hamburgers? what do you think maybe try and make a day of it. I have my buddy Shawn coming out. So far 3 and you two makes 5 how many more can we get to come out

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
Ive personally never rode at croom before but if you guys are driving that far I would hit up brooksville motocross track, its at the fairgrounds in brooksville. its worth it decent track, but the best thing is its not packed and youll get to ride for about 20 minutes a session. And only have to wait long enough to catch your breath before you go back out. Its open on sunday only from 11:30 to 5:00. Its well worth it. not like Dade Packed City were you get an amazingly four laps before you have to get off. and wait an hour to get back on. When i get the kinks out of this new eg 144, (i put shifter pawls in backwards I think) Ill go with yall

Last edited:

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
brooksville track is farther from me than croom and my g/f doesnt ride tracks and i hear ya about dade city being packed
but they just opened up a new track on other side of town
but i havent got to check it out yet guys from pasco county cycles say its real nice

Top Bottom