flywheel weight?

SQUIRLEYMOFO

Jun 11, 2002
Well now my bike runs a lot better-pro circuit pipe-13/50 gearing no air box lid-etc. anyway now it comes on aburptly. I found a stealthy weight that used to to be on my 93 KX125 about 8years ago will this fit a 90 KDX 200? Thanks for all your help John

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
The part# for a 93 KX 125 Steahly weight is 614 and the KDX is 609 so I don't think they are interchangable.

KTA

Jul 14, 2000
you could always try putting it on and see if it fits?.. . although i would recommend just getting used to the power.... . .more power is fun, once you are able to use it..

kdxjr

Jan 2, 2002
The flywheel weight may be the same, but what about the plastic spacer
for the cover?

SQUIRLEYMOFO

Jun 11, 2002
thats whats missing I couldn't figure it out .....I kept thinking there wasn't enough room under the cover spacer hmmmm

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I kept thinking there wasn't enough room under the cover spacer hmmmm

???

There isn't enough room under the LH cover to put on a steahly FFW. There is a spacer that comes with the FWW.

If you get one, do a bit of an 'upgrade' to the in/uninstall tool. Buy a couple of new bolts to fit the tool/flywheel that have a shoulder on 'em. Cut off enough thread such that the shoulder seats on the flywheel, but no threads stick out the back.

That will give you a much more stable tool. If you use an air tool, you won't bugger the bolt threads with the tool, either.

dirtryder72

Jul 24, 2002
hey mac,
where did you get those flywheel part numbers? i wasnt to know cause i need one for my 87' kdx 200 and if i can find out what ones match it i can get one from a local salvage yard...

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
The part# for an 87KDX200 is 610 and that's a 10oz weight and retails for around 100 bucks.

All the part#'s can be found <HERE>

ninjaman

Feb 10, 2002
I called Stealy a while back and asked if a Kx weight would if on my bike. A 97 Kdx 200. I had found one on ebay cheap. He said no way it would fit . He didnt say as to why not just that it wouldnt go from a 97 Kx to a 97 Kdx I dont know if the crank isnt the same or the flywheel is different. Just that it wouldnt fit.

So I order the right noe and now I am in business. Tamed it a little.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…