FMF Burly Pipe?

Johnnyboy

Aug 25, 2001
I have one on my bike I just bought and I was wondering if any of your know what the deal is with it. I was told it is the Gnarly pipe but FMF was sued over a copywrighted name and I was told it is a heavy duty Gnarly woods pipe. Anyone know the real story on this pipe?

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
it will have either -35 or -30 stamped on one of the mounting flanges depending on what type it is. -35 is the torque and -30 is the rev pipe. -35 low to mid power. -30 is mid to top increase.

chris kuba

May 31, 2003
Read the "No top end with FMF Gnarly" thread. There is more information there on the same subject.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
The Burly is the exact same as the Gnarly except for the name. The same -30, 35 still apply.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
They did make a change in the metal used..from 19ga. to 18ga. That's where the burly/gnarly part came from.

The term 'woods' generally applies to the torque profile, to -35 pipe. Seeing as such terms mean nothing (woods, burly, desert, mountain...etc)..that's why, as stated, you go by the model number.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…