jasonhawkins

Nov 18, 2001
I bought my 99 KDX220 used and it had an FMF Fatty pipe on in. But it looks to me like FMF does not make a pipe for the KDX? The bike seems to work just fine? Anyone know if FMF ever did make a Fatty for the modern KDX or if this pipe is hurting my performance?

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
I have a 1996 KDX 200 with an FMF Fatty. I really like the proformance. Seems to have a good broad power band. I don't think it will hurt your proformance. Other threads have talked about the new FMF pipes. I'm not up on the new ones.

srhill

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2002
I have a Fatty K-35 on my 220 and it works great for the type of riding I do, single track, 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear following my son around on his XR 80.

I believe if you look at pipes in the sales catalogs (Dennis Kirk, Rocky Mtn. etc...) I am pretty sure they list a Fatty pipe for the KDX.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
jasonwho is right...but ....:

'-30 and -35 models' ...and then 'One is a torque model, and one is a rev model.'

Kinda infers inversely. The -30 is the rev profile, the -35 is the torque profile.

'Fatty' was a pipe from fmf for earlier than the 'H' model. It was touted to be the best of both worlds, an all-round pipe.

As far as the fatty, gnarly, burly, woods, desert, whatever nomenclature goes...forget it.

On the 'H' model, it's -30/-35 from fmf.

Here's a rub for 'ya. I've seen an actual fatty on an 'H' model 220. I don't know what it took to get it on there.

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
i have a fatty on my 99 200. it came on the bike so i couldnt tell ya what kind of results it has. the bike rips i can tell ya that much ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom