Hello new hear and looking for advice on KDX

emullen

Aug 6, 2003
Hello, I have ridden quite a few 2 strokes off road and now own a '95 KDX 200. I like the bike, but am looking to increase the low end power or gear the bike down. I most recently rode a KX250. KDX now has an FMF fatty pipe on it and in 2nd gear in the woods the rpm's are too low to be in the meat of the powerband in most situations. Do you recommend lower gearing or a torque pipe to replace the fatty? Pro-Circuit platinum 2 or FMF Gnarly woods? Which pipe do you all prefer? Thanks in advance for any help.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I would drop the front sprocket down to 12 and see what that does first. It's a cheap mod, and easily reversible. I usually prefer 2nd or 3rd gear, and not in the powerband in most situations, but to each his own. If you like to ride it on the pipe, the lower gearing will surely help some.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
porterdog in a post near by has reported that the frp torque ring works wonders for that problem.

I run a 13/50 and the woods pipe seems to suite me fine and I like jullien_d keep mine grunting down in the lower rpm range

domino dave

Sep 24, 2003
FMF ... FRP torque ring ... 13/50 ... and don't forget the Boysen reeds ... re-jet ... Why not have it all ... How could you not be happy . Dave

Top Bottom