davidrose_98

May 23, 2002
Has anyone ever used one of these pipes on a KDX220. I know they only sell them for the 200, but I was wondering if it would fit on my 99 220 and what kind of performance enhancements I would receive

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Yes, it will fit on the 220. I cant comment on the power characteristics. You will have to find out if it is either a rev or a torque pipe and get back to us.

R. Phillips

Sep 10, 2002
My riding buddy "srhill" has a fatty pipe on his 97' 220. It runs great except for a little low end bog. (see his thread) Maybe he'll read this and comment more.

I've got an 01' 220, and I just put a pro circuit on it, and I love it.

I've ridden several different bikes with different pipes. I believe all the aftermarket pipes perform well. It's just a personal preference thing.

srhill

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2002
r.phillips has a platinum pipe and it really looks and works good. I rode his bike bone stock and now with the PC platinum pipe and air box mod and it made a big difference in overall power through the whole power band.
I have a new to me 97 220 with the Fatty pipe. I am having some problems with bogging on the low end that I am trying to get corrected :( (I am sure its not related to the pipe). To me (seat of my pants feel) it feels like my bike is a little stronger than RP's. But my bike has a coulpe of more mods than his (for now) 13/50 sprockets and Boysen Power reeds.

IMO you will be happy with the performance of either.

I have read some threads in this forum where some thought the PC pipe bolted on better. Mine Fatty fits and I'm happy :thumb:

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
You'll certainly want a platinum pipe for off-road/trail riding. The works pipes end up a rusty mess in short order is you ride in mud, have some water crossing to contend with etc. Too much maintenance when there's a chromed pipe available, IMO.

David

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom