FMF Gnarly and a KDX 200

Sep 15, 2004
I just put my fmf pipe on my 05' kdx 200 and It is so wet outside i cant get any traction. I hope when the ground dries up it will be better!My rear is sliding all over the place right now,but it seems like I will get a quicker bike out of it.Hopefully with good traction!! :ride:

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Need to get sticky tires next! :) Try lowering the pressure to around 12 pounds give or take. It helps!

Sep 15, 2004
thanks renthal do you own a fmf Gnarly pipe or a torque pipe?i am hoping it will help on the track I go to and the trails.I cant wait to check it out!!

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
I've got a FMF rev pipe on mine but want to get the torque pipe too. I am getting the RB carb mod this fall and a mild port job (tired scored cylinder walls) It is a torque monster now but will be more so when I get it back on the trails. Where do you ride? What kind of terrain?

Sep 15, 2004
I ride in maryland.You? some motocross tracks and alot of trails.Many many hills and roots galore.I am learning to ride in sand as well .BIG difference between sand and dirt!LOLI am liking the motocross tracks more and more.Like to jump!

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
If you like to jump then you better respring that front end unless you weigh 130 or less. A lot of people use the XR400 springs, .39's to .41's seem to work quite well for people around 200 which seems to be the going weight for KDX riders! :) I ride in Illinois... a lot of bottom lands (mucky when wet and dusty when dry) tight trails with lots of fallen trees to bone up on my trials skills. I occasionally make a trip to Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky and have a couple of riding clubs here, one is private and one is public. I got it made! :eek:

Sep 15, 2004
OK I went to the track on saturday and checked out my new exhaust system.WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!! I cant beleive the bottom to mid range power I have now.I was trying to clear a tabletop with my stock pipe and there was no room to get up speed ,now I overshoot the tabletop!!Thanks alot to everyone who told me to change my stock pipe befere I did anything else.I think I will rejet and change the front fork springs and I'm done.The kdx rocks stock, but that FMF pipe and silencer really opened it up!Not to mention the silencer alone weighs like 5 pounds less than the stock one.Thanks

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…