Nic Ray

Mar 28, 2002
im lookin for a pipe and silencer for my 2000 kdx 220. l want more topend. gnarly deset or rev? whats the difference?

i cant find any powercore 2 silencers made for my kdx. does the powercore 2 work better than the turbine core 2? difference? :think:

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
The turbine core is an approved spark arrestor. As for the pipe, and there will be alot of preferences here, I like the pro circuit. I ran a rev pipe on my 220, and recently changed to the pc platnium. The fmf did not fit well, and the pc fit like factory, its less expensive than the fmf, and now that I have been riding it for a few hours in different terrain I believe it offers more on the top end. Just my $.02
Lew

owenlo

Oct 28, 2001
PC PLATINUM

I've ridden with the gnarly, rev and PC Platinum. In my opinion the pc platinum is the VERY best bang for your buck. The PC increases throughout the entire range where the Gnarly only works from bottom to mid and the rev only from mid to top. I've stuck with the PC and it is an awesome pipe. Plus the fit is PERFECT.Hope this helps.
Obie

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
The desert and the rev are the same thing, they are both KG-30 and will add mid to top.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
FmF pipes:

KG-30=rev
KG-35=torque

Confused somewhat cuz some catalogs call the KG-30 a 'torque' for the 220. Very few 220 riders run the KG-35.

Make sure you order it by the NUMBER if you go FmF. (and be prepared for it to: 1. Not fit, 2. Show rust out of the box, 3. Maybe even have a hole in it!)

But the great part is, if you complain to FmF about having a hole in your pipe, they'll tell you to take it someplace to get welded yourself!!

Last edited:

Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
Souunds like someone had a few problems with FMF. I have bought 4 or 5 of these and have not had a single problem. I do always buy them through Fredette though so maybe he weeds the bad ones out for me.

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
When you call FMF for anything other than placing an order their attitude is that you are bothering them, and that just ain't right!
Lew

owenlo

Oct 28, 2001
Like I Said,

PRO CIRCUIT, DA BOMB!!! Great Cust Service Too. And If you break a bracket or something at a weld, Send it to them and more than likely they end up sending you a new pipe. Have before and probably will again. ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom