Fmf Pipe Fitting Help!!!

m_champoux

Mar 29, 2001
I bought the Power Core 2 and the fit was really bad !!

You should check the rear shock for clearance, the pipe moved a little bit
at first when riding and it was scratching the rubber protection on the shock.

I had to really put a lot more spacer to finally have a fair fit ! :think:

Nice power but poor fitting !! :(

Marty

kx_693

Jul 2, 2002
I have been using FMF for 6 years, and have never had this problem, Between my brother and I we have 2 sst pipes and silencers for 2 02 kx125's and fatty for the same bike, i also have 2 gnarly pipes and pc2 for my 01 kx 125. and have nevr had a problem with them, now i dont have an FMF for my kdx yet, i have dyno ports, but the only resion i dont yet is thatthe dyno ports were free

TomDez

Oct 30, 2001
I just installed a Knarly Desert pipe (KG-30) on my 220 a couple days ago. First time. Havent ridden it yet. One of the comments in this thread mentioned O-Rings on the pipe. My pipe did not come with O-Rings. Are these required, and where? Should they have come with the pipe??

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Mine did not come with rings - pulled the ones off the factory pipe, since they still in good shape.

sledman

Oct 23, 2002
Originally posted by owenlo
My brother has FMF and it is a pain in the butt to install so I went PC and it fits like a glove, Plus the boost in power is wider than my bros FMF. HAHA ;)

Obie #8

Exactly where (in the rpm range) did you notice the most improvment with your PC pipe? And what other mods have you done? I'm about ready to order a pipe as well.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
When first installing my new KG-35 it just didn't seem to line up whatsoever. But after fiddling and repositioning a few times it went right into place perfect. Same with the PowerCore II.....fit was perfect.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…