Dgaffler

Feb 28, 2002
The top mounting bolt is off about a 1/4 inch, can I do without the top bolted up? Seems to be seated properly and doesnt have any leaks.

If not is it ok to drill another hole in the pipe tab?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

RJBaker

Apr 4, 2002
I can't see why that would affect the performance of the pipe; as long as you stay clear of the chamber itself. Be sure to reinforce the new hole slightly (rubber mount through the hole). I've used FMF pipes on all my machines in the past few years.
YZ 250 (01)

kdxjr

Jan 2, 2002
Mine was the same way. Loosen the bolts on the header pipe push as far back as you can; then try to get the bolt through.
It will fit.. Its been a while since I put mine on.Push it up as high as you can.

Helco

Jun 25, 2001
I had the same problem with mine - That mounting bracket has a rubber section in the middle of it - you should be able t stretch it over enough to get the threads started and it should take care of the rest. You may want to enlist some help to pry the bracket to get it to stretch.

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
Yeah, what Sage said. I put two different FMF's on my 93 and neither one of them fit right away. Keep the mounts loose and that combined with the flexibility of the rubber should allow you to get everything lined up. Just get all of the mounts barelly threaded before you tighten any of them all the way down. That should get it.

Dgaffler

Feb 28, 2002
Got it bolted up! Thanks for the info!
Cant believe what a difference the rev pipe, reeds and airbox mods make! 110% satisfied. Now for some springs and a carb bore.......

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom