Gryphon

Aug 30, 2000
So i ordered a pipe for my kdx 200 and the bottom pipe mount holes dont line up. DO i have to bend the mount or what? (its an fmf gnarly woods)

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
How far off is the hole?? There is a rubber mounting tab that goes there also.. You might have to move it around for the screw to line up....

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
i drilled the hole bigger in the pipe
then she worked fine for me

------------------
2000 kdx200 2000ktm 50sxpro jr
1980 it425
1983it250
alexis il

Gryphon

Aug 30, 2000
The holes only about a quarter inch away but the pipe is also to close to the hole it pushes the mounting bracket to the middle of the frame. and what is drilling the hole in my pipe bigger gonna do? I thought mounting it was supposed to not let it move around? if im gonna do that I might as well just leave that mount unattached.

------------------

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
You will either need to pry it into place (FMF fits are never good) or take it back to the dealer for another pipe.

There's a rubber tab on the mounting tab. It's moveable. Move it.

The first log that you just barely get the front over is going to change the whole way the pipe fits anyway.

If you only have to move 1/4" to get the thing to line up, consider yourself lucky.

Mine was worse.

But she runs sweet!!!

------------------
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat & drink beer all day.

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
there is no play in the mount after drilling
unless you drill it out bigger than the
nut i just sat and thouht for a few and i was
like heck yea that will work and it did just
fine my pipe was over i little to far also
so i losend the top mount pulled it over
got the nut and bolt started on the bottem
mount then tightend every thing up no big
deal just keep your cool and think a little
bit were there is a will there is a way

------------------
2000 kdx200 2000ktm 50sxpro jr
1980 it425
1983it250
alexis il

joe woj

Oct 29, 1999
make sure the pipe is seated well in the exaust port, if it isint that can cause this kinda of mis-alignment

------------------

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Like joe says...make sure the pipe IS and STAYS seated in the cylinder. If you unseat the pipe in the process of yanking around the mounting tabs to force a bad-fit issue, you're going to have an exhaust leak that will ruin the performance of the bike.

Seems FMF is famous for lousy fit&finish. My brand new pipe had a hole in the stinger weld for example. Their advice, 'fix it yourself'.

If it's off far enough to cause a problem with the cylinder fit, take it/send it back to wherever it came from and get another one.

------------------
  • OLD member
    'oh-oh' KDX 200
    '86 Nighthawk 700 SC
    (a motorcyle even if it doesn't have a chain!)

Top Bottom