FMF power pipe. how much more power?

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Not doubles, thats for sure. Its not that it makes a lot more power, it makes more power in differnent areas of the RPM range and delivers it in a different manner. Well worth the money for sure though.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
No it doesn't double the power but the power delivery is much more agressive from top to bottom. If I had to guess I'd say you are looking at an increase in the 5hp range at peak. If you are looking for more power from your 220 a rev pipe is certainly the place to start.

Where in Alberta do you live?

David

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
Does the rev pipe take away any from the very bottom of the 220. I've just ordered one and I know it's the pipe for me, but I do not want to lose any bottom.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
It will take a tiny bit of bottom away compared to stock in my case. But that may just be jetting issue. I found that the stock pipe has more low end grunt than the rev pipe. But the rev makes up for it everywhere else!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Old rule of thumb..neither pipe (kg30/35) gives up anything bottom-wise to the stock pipe, the kg30(rev) does give up some bottom to the kg35 (torque).

Be prepared for a question or two about ordering the thing. Some catalogs call the kg30 a rev for the 200 and a torque for the 220. Same pipe. Same result. Best to use the actual model number of pipe when ordering...none of this gnarly/burly/desert/woods/(and now...)power pipe stuff.

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
i live right outside of red deer canadian dave. i bought my bike used from a guy in fort mcmurray and he said he has ridden with u.

MARC

May 8, 2002
toalco, somewhere in this site (just cant find it right now) the kdx was run on a dyno with the stock pipe and the ones in question and charts were provided with the results. I highly doubt pipe alone would give much more than 3 extra hp. Remember, the folks at Kawi have been doing this a long time, and Im sure they know what they are doing when it comes to pipes. The biggest thing you get from a pipe is the ability to direct the power into the area where you want it most, more low end, more top end etc.. but one usually comes at the expense of the other. Just ask yourself what kind riding you do, and you will know which pipe to get and where it will benefit you.. Just my 2 cents worth.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
You have a KG-30 Rev pipe. It adds more power from the bottom to the top and really extends how high your 220 will rev and still make power. You'll see the biggest improvements from mid rpms on up.

David

Top Bottom