fmf q silencer

yarrowkevin

Mar 12, 2004
has anyone used one of these, do they reduce power like they say? are they really quiet? would anyone suggest buying one? or would you go shorty ? :yeehaw: I love this banana, can we get a green one?

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
I have a Turbine Core (1) and a 'Q' silencer and have ridden a 200H with a TC 2. In my experience the TC 1 is the loudest, the TC 2 is next, and the 'Q' is the quietest (significantly so). With the 'Q' the sound is louder out of the engine cases and the sides of the pipe than out of the end of the pipe. The power difference is so negligible that I can't tell the difference. I really like the lesser sound level of the 'Q' and would enthusiastically buy it again. It is also well made.

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
For the area around here the regular turbinecore 2 would be fine,if you ride with any of the newer 4 strokes like I do they are much louder then even the 2 stroke powercore silencer.Yes being quiet is the way to go but when you can hear the bark of a 4 stroke over the ring ding of the 2 strokes there is a limit.
If buying from the US make sure to have the item shipped postal, UPS will ding you for a Brokers fee coming over the border.It is worth it.

RACINRAY

Feb 18, 2004
i use the Q on my 01 rm 250 with the fmf gnarly woods pipe i havent found a real loss of power but what i did find it increased torgue :cool:

kawrider

Jun 27, 2004
Silencer Mods

Hey,
On the KDX tech tips, The author states that the stock pipe is the quietest, Hands down. The aftermarket silencer mod. is listed close to last because the power gains are miniscule. However, the noise gains are WAY up! This may only apply to the newer DX's, so check and see.
I have owned several DXes over the years and I can't recall a whole lot of difference between the stock or aftermarket pipes.....other than noise!
Later,
Dave

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…