Footpeg failure during MX motocross

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
I was coming off one of my jumps in the backyard and snap, a loud metallic sound and my foot slides to the ground. Luckily, it was a jump that puts you down with little forward momentum so I did not crash.
The welds on the peg do not cover enough of the area so it just ripped off and was probably going for a long time and finally it let loose.
I would advise if you jump your KDX a lot to add a few welds to the peg.

Attachments

• Pict0120.jpg
    Pict0120.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 122

nectar

Sep 11, 2002
....to bad about the peg....the welder must of had to much saki the night before...samething happended to my buddie who was jumping his xr600....

Imathorp

Dec 29, 2003
I just installed some IMS Super Stock's they are far better than the stockers. the next weak link i see is the frame mount.

glad you didnt get hurt!

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
Imathorp, look closely it is not the aftermarket peg breaking but the mount welded to the frame that broke.
I did notice that at the weep hole in the back of the frame there was some rusted metal in that area. That rust may have helped the problem along.

Freestyle, now is the time to get subscribing. In the past we had to click on the attachments to see the pic. Now they are putting a large thumbnail to view and that makes it nice to not have to open a lot of pictures these days.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom