FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Forest City Rider Enduro Info (it's On!!)

For anyone that is interested I thought I would post some info about the enduro and try to update up to the event.

The enduro is April 14. We were able to get back onto a section of land that should add about 10miles, only about 5 miles of trail. We also gained another small section of woods, not much trail added just got us out of a field. We lost a couple small pieces that were connecting sections, not a big concern.

We are going to mile it this weekend, so I'll have more info on milage later. I guess it will be around 70miles (actual) long. We should have about 5-7 miles of road total. There will be a gas avaible on our long loop, and the main gas will be back at the start.

After last years rain event, we have worked very hard to fix the trails, and to avoid any spots that would cause bottlenecks like last year. Although if it rains like last year we will postpone. Many landowners we not happy with the Club (For running the event)/ Riders (For not staying on the trail and tearing up some fields) actions last year and we are treading on very thin ice with many of them. This year we have to ask that the riders stay on the trail (like we ask every year) otherwise there may not be an enduro next year, or more likely a very short, same loop twice enduro.

I'll post more info next week.

If there are any questions, you can email us at Forestcityriders@msn.com

Last edited:

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Ryan,

That sounds good. I plan on being there if the weather cooperates.

More clubs need to think about the damage being done to the terain when they run hare scrambles/enduros while the ground is muddy.:think

Plus I'm old and don't like to ride in the mud anymore.:D

I'm still planning on be at Roselawn but I've had a little set back. I wont be able to leave until at least 9PM Saturday night. If it's warm enough to sleep in the trailer then I will probably come then otherwise I will drive over in the morning.:(

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Wolf it is 2 miles south of Byron off of Route 2. Arrows will be up Saturday before the Race.

We miled it today and looks like we have about 65 miles. About 6-7 miles of road (country road). Was a lot of fun and should be really good as long as the weather holds out. I'll post more later as I am trying to get ready for racing tomorrow.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
2B I am actually in Tennessee right now and won't be back until the 8th, so I will miss Roselawn.

Ryan, when you get a chance, could you e-mail me some directions? Is that at the Gravel pit where you held a HS last year?
Thanks
Wolf

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
I'll see you Sunday morning Layton.

Wolf, I sent you an Email with directions, any more questions let me know.

I post some more info soon. just going over the mileage and stuff now.

I do know that we are going to be running 18mph speed average for the whole race. Not because it is hard, like I stated before we have some very touchy areas and are trying to keep the speeds down this year.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
18 MPH, Cool! :cool:
Of course the fast guys will complain because they burn checks at that speed but the rest of us will find it easier to stay on time.

Now if it just quits raining and snowing. :ugg:

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Thought I would do an update. We had our club meeting last night and everything looks good. We have about 65 actual miles with about 6 miles of road. The gas stop will be at the start area, but there will be a gas avaible that we will take a trailer out to if you can't make 35 miles on a tank. Bring 2 gas cans as no one can go to the gas avaible, per land owner request.

Please check here or call on Saturday morning before coming. We have promised the land owners that we will not run if the ground is to soft. With all this rain we might have to postpone a week. We will make a decision on Saturday morning. If we want to keep having this enduro we have to keep the landowners happy!

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
If you got the rain there that we got in Moline (80 miles difference) then you wont be running this Sunday. Plus there is rain forecasted again this weekend.:(

Putting it off for a week wont hurt my feelings since there are no other enduros on that weekend anyway.

Mowboy

Oct 25, 2000
Ryan, Is the tech at your race similar to that of Roselawn? I lost my tailight assy last weekend and don't know if it will be here by Sunday. Hope the rain holds off, sounds like a good run. If you guys do have to cancel, I guess Kahoka is not a bad second choice. Good ride last Sun. sorry about that last OB, you were on the GAS!

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
The Tech is the same. Don't worry I am running the Start so you'll be ok. We just don't want guys that just have a number plate on and no Headlight or taillight on.

Hope this weather stays nice. I'll be going out Friday afternoon to see how everything is and post something Saturday morning.

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
Ryan - a few of us from the UP wish to attend this race. It is a 8+ hour drive for us -- so, if you could, the sooner a post as to the decision to run this or not, it would be greatly appreciated! I realize you may not be able to accurately decide before Saturday am, but if any decisions are made sooner, we'd appreciate the heads up! You guys do a great job on this event; we look forward to running it again this year!

2 B

Aug 31, 2000
Course layout??

Ryan,

How difficult is the course layout. Hilly,flat,technical,water crossings? How dose it compare to roselawn? Your help would be great. Being that I'm a "C" rider. I'm still kinda sick from the roselawn race :uh: . Hope I feel good for this weekend.

Bish

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
I'd say it's an easier race compared to Roselawn. Don't think you will have any trouble finishing and having fun.....as long as it doesn't rain like last year. UGGGGLY!

Bish
Y2k 300exc
'03 450exc??

VOR 492

Feb 18, 2001
2B I have attended the last two byron enduro's, good mixture of woods (with a few log crossing's), fields and if I recall a couple of water crossings. Very fun enduro like Roselawn without the sand. If you finished at Roselawn, Byron should not be a problem.
Byron was my first enduro two years ago, Been hooked ever since.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
2B, everyone else did a good job of answering. Most of our terrian is flat with a couple of hills. Due to land owner requests we have tried to remove anything that might cause errosion. If you finished Roselawn you should have no problem finishing our Enduro. We do have some creek crossings but most are tractor crossings.

As for the rain, we got some last night but not much. The ground is hardly wet at my house. I am going out today to look everything over.

I'll post more tonight when I get home.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I rode the last two Byron enduros. The 2000 enduro was great except for the fact that being on a very late row most of the markers in the field were knocked down by the time I arrived. The 2001 enduro was a mud fest. I made it to the gas stop, saw my friend drinking a beer and decided that would be more fun. :confused:

The only "bad" section is the off-camber trail along the river. With an 18 mph average I wish I still lived in Illinois. :(

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
The enduro is on! Just rode about 80% and it was really fun. The trail is good, as we didn't get the thunder storms that they were calling for. Had 5 guys with me (all Senior and C) and they made everything and were still smiling. The weather is calling for cloudy / 60 on Saturday and cloudy / 70 on Sunday. It might even be a tad dusty by Sunday.

Sign-up starts at 7:00am. Key time 10:00am. We are only putting 2 riders on a minute as way to keep the fields from being cut across so get there early if you want to ride with someone.

Woods, we are running the off-camber backwords this year which makes it way to easy, plus we spent about 20hours in there after last years race and fixed it all up, so now you could almost take a 4-wheeler through there. To bad you'll miss a fun event.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
How did everybody do?
2B where did you end up?
I finished, but that's about all. Got stuck too many times.
Big Thanks to the guy on the GasGas. He was very patient with a guy who was on running on fumes (me, not the bike).

Top Bottom